Not open for further replies.
luizmarinho

luizmarinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good morning,

I've noted that I'm not extracting value of my strong hands, can someone tell me how is the best way to get that ? Should I bet strong on flop or turn ?

N

nidal55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whenever u feel ahead of ur opponents range and can name a few worse hands its time u bet. mostly bet strong trying to rep a bluff.

S

sharon mckee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always make stronger bets when you feel like your opponent is bluffing or you have the best hand.

koreano

koreano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some strategies can be used to achieve higher values using his strong hands.

Pre-flop: Bet or raise 2.5 to 3x.

flop:
1) Check (VERY depends on your position)
2) C-Bet (pre-flop bet value) from UTG or UTG + 1
3) Check-raise. (if you are button, SB or BB)

Bet variables on the flop: In C-Bet, your opponent can pay for odds, since when does a check-raise you press and warrant that if he folds, you have extracted some more value of it.

turn:
1) C-Bet (25 to 40% of the pot)
2) Check-raise. (on the turn I do not see sense in this move, but I know people who can still extract good value playing that way)

River: Definitely you will know what is the probability of his victory.
1) C-Bet (40-50% of the pot) if there are many chances of defeat. (There are cases where a card doubled in a sequence table or a flush or are very open).
2) C-Bet (50-80% of the pot) if you are nuts.

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you hit your set on the flop, bet 1/2 pot, improved hand or turn = 1/2 or 1 jar, the same river, if the guy likes to pay raise

arielakarel

arielakarel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good morning,

I've noted that I'm not extracting value of my strong hands, can someone tell me how is the best way to get that ? Should I bet strong on flop or turn ?

Don't be too afraid that everyone will fold on you..
Make a minimum raise, and let someone see the flop, then if he's got something you're golden, if not.. better luck next time..
cause if he gets nothing he won't call your raises.

L

Lexxx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will keep this information! Interesting theory... (above)

J

john wick

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I always look at the situation. much depends on the style of play of the opponent. if you have a chance to gain, etc.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just bet. When your against a single opponent and you raised preflop, bet EVERY flop. Then on the turn generally bet again. On the river, you can bet slightly less often but only slightly. These bets are regardless of your actual hand.

luizmarinho

luizmarinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes the problem, at micro limits, they fold a lot, they generally dont try bluff they play the poker hit = bet, dont hit = fold, its good if i dont hit the flop because i just bet and i know they will give up the pot, but when i make a strong hand i dont know how to keep the villan calling my bets.

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
IF YOU STAY AGRESSIVE ON BLUFFING ITS 50/50 SO JUST TRY TO JUDGE YOUR HAND AND DONT BE AFRAID TO FOLD

D

dsk1231

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning,

This is dependent on your villian(s) types, their range, board texture, and stack sizes. If I were you I would post specific situations and ask advice on those and the more you do that the more you'll have a better understanding of the situations during gameplay.

N

NatalVallina

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
betting when you feel ahead. on my oppinion you can hardly be agressiv

Space Ghost

Space Ghost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you know you got it, just bet, bet, bet.

At the micros, just bet aggressively. Like 2/3 the pot. They want to call, so give 'em something to call!

A lot of fish at the micros think you're bluffing when you bet a large percent of the pot.

G

gklcap

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes the problem, at micro limits, they fold a lot, they generally dont try bluff they play the poker hit = bet, dont hit = fold, its good if i dont hit the flop because i just bet and i know they will give up the pot, but when i make a strong hand i dont know how to keep the villan calling my bets.

Wait, what? The few 2NL tables I've played at till now have been infested with people who will go all in with anything from Middle Pair to even 2 overcards. I think you should spend a little more time selecting the right table. A lot depends on the time you play too, I think. If there are over 1,50,000 people in the client, then that means there are a lot of fish and this is when you should be playing ideally. On the other hand, when there are like 40k people, the tables are full of grinders and nits.

I just join a bunch of tables that have VPIP>25% and sit out for 2 rounds. They'll kick you out only if you miss 3 rounds of blinds, so dont worry. After seeing 15 hands, if I like the stats of the people sitting to my immediate right, I stay. Else, I leave. You don't want to be playing with regulars because those are the guys who won't pay you off. The only way you are going to get major money off of them is through coolers and this happens rarely to make sitting at such tables profitable. Fish on the other hand will be happy to gift you their entire stack every time they hit anything remotely good. These are the guys you want at your tables.

Last edited:
estefanetti

estefanetti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a good tactic for my game, i used to do it :D

rflbarreto

rflbarreto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it really depends on the oponent and it is really important to have notes about them.

if you are in doubt, best option is to keep pushing your oponnent instead of slow play

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning,

That's very unusual for micro limits. If they're folding then it's probably because they have nothing. How many hands have you played? If it's under 20,000 it's not enough of a sample size to worry about. Are you only playing premium hands and how do you know you're not getting value? What's your bb/100? Are you using any tracking software?

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends much on many things.

Consider the opponent if you want to bet or not. The table dynamics, your stack and his are also important.

Lastly, consider what the table looks at you.

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, that first of all you must know something about your opponent. If he is strong man, you can use value betting with optimal size. But if you recognize that opponent is fish, you can put 60-80% of bank, and he still be calling you with second or even third hands.

G

gklcap

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmm. Did you have a really tight table image? I'm surprised that the guy with the Jack didn't check-raise you on the river. If you had a read on him that he was a calling station, then even shoving for value might've been a good play.

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning,

What makes you think so?

The most hideous mistake I see all the time is terrible bet sizing. They'll take down tiny pots when they should have dragged a real hogger. Just make sure you're getting the money in there good.

If you pot it and they fold, they didn't have anything, and you wouldn't make anything anyway. Also, don't get "cute": flop top set, GII.

The only other thing you could do is try to "sell" your good hands by not betting bigger than their resolve to call. On rivers, go for thin value. A lot of these fish can't resist calling off a small river bet when they'd've folded to a bigger bet. Just watch out for players who would notice and try to exploit that

westside1950

westside1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play microstakes there is really no need for slowplaying your good hands or something like that.
Just bet strong on flop/turn when you have the goods and dont worry - a great number of times you will be called by a lot of weaker hands or draws.

Status
Not open for further replies.