Are There Tells in Bet Sizes?

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys is there a good read out there for bet sizing?

Thanks guys, just trying to get into the groove of things and just relearn some basics.

Thanks. Anything else would be helpful as well... I'm watching some gripsed videos as well which has helped my tournament but I need to make sure I improve my cash game.

1blanqueanu1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
Dry flop bet 50% pot is fine, in very wet flop project have to bet bigger pot 2/3 3/4.
make the cbet range based on the villain and as the board.

mendiolacubicle

mendiolacubicle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how about value bet at the river? how is it done? normally i'd check my two pair and the villain has top pair best kicker, how would you know how to fire a value bet without getting bluffed or re-raised? 😊😊😊

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For your bet sizes, just think about what you want to do and how you think your opponent will react with what they likely have. If you are not sure -shoot out like 2/3 pot. As for the river value bet, most players will raise before the river. Just bet something you think they will call. If you get raised, you can reconsider.

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The size of any bet you make should in most cases be in relation to the pot.
The amount you bet into the pot will determine what pot odds your opponents are getting, and so they will either be making a call with the correct odds, or making a call with the incorrect odds. Every time our opponent makes a call with the incorrect odds, we are making a profit as they are making a fundamental mistake.
Sometimes you can also be creative in bet sizing depending on the opponents taking into consideration stack size and position. For instance if you are against a good player say in a cash game then you can bet a standard amount of 70% pot post flop but similarly if you are against a calling station who has tendencies to call big bets we want to maximize this by overbetting the pot that is betting more than the size of the pot mostly on later streets.

Standard pre flop bet sizing is a raise of 3bb + 1bb for every limper.
For tournaments your bet sizing can be a bit different to cash game as i don't like betting 70% pot everytime in a tournament structure.

In a tournament you can make a standard bet ranging from 30% to 35% on the flop. On the turn you can make it a bit bigger betting close to 50% the pot. Then on the river you can bet close to 70% pot. This is not standard and everyone has their own preferences and so make adjustments accordingly. :icon_joke

Poker Tells