Anyone using HUDs?

I

IsaPalacios

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys I've been trying to improve my poker game in anyways possible.

I play frequently on Bovada.
I've taken all the pokerology courses.
I've read a couple of david sklansky books.
And i have watched a lot of youtube poker.

My game has gotten a lot better since the time I started trying to adjust to players rather than just playing a simple "tight aggressive" format.

EX: If I'm I have the chance to steal a blind from a really tight player, or if a really loose player has been raising frequently but folding to 3 bets I'll do that.

This way of playing has worked out great for me.
In the picture below I was up a considerable amount after a long session in a microstakes game. (right click, view image) if it's not large enough.

My question is, will a HUD from say holdem indicator help any? I also know there's patches to use holdem manager or poker tracker, is it worth the investment?
Not only am I looking to be able to adjust to players more, but i'd also like to see where my game is weak, and quite frankly I don't know what to look for when "plugging leaks".

Attachments

• damn.jpg
    damn.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, HUD's are a huge help. Most importantly, getting a database you like so you can review your game and just track your stats is essential.

Yeah, you can use the bovada catcher HUD in HM2 or PT4. Both will allow you to really track and review your game better:

http://acepokersolutions.com/Bodog_Poker_Catcher.html

I

IsaPalacios

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, HUD's are a huge help. Most importantly, getting a database you like so you can review your game and just track your stats is essential.

Yeah, you can use the bovada catcher HUD in HM2 or PT4. Both will allow you to really track and review your game better:

http://acepokersolutions.com/Bodog_Poker_Catcher.html

Okay I've read on several occasions that hm2 is the absolute business, what advantages do I have in it over the simple holdem indicator? And how much does the patch from acepokersolutions cost in order to use hm2 hud on bovada?

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's a gigantic difference between HM2/PT4 and HI. You should just try them both out and you'll see. You should consider that you're probably going to play somewhere else at some point, and having the ability to analyze your opponents and your own play is a huge. If you want to know some of the differences between HM2 and PT4, you can read this article:

http://www.pokerleakbuster.com/pokertracker_vs_holdemmanager.html

The bovada card catcher is $40.

RegHC23

RegHC23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i agree that that the hud is extremely important. It helps to classify players into the correct groupings and it allows for you to play them and explit them accordingly. Especially when you have the right number of stats and understand the number of hands that is necessary to make sure that the stat is reliable. The statistics may not be the end all be all, but it helps way more than it could ever hurt.

I

IsaPalacios

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree that that the hud is extremely important. It helps to classify players into the correct groupings and it allows for you to play them and explit them accordingly. Especially when you have the right number of stats and understand the number of hands that is necessary to make sure that the stat is reliable. The statistics may not be the end all be all, but it helps way more than it could ever hurt.

Phew well i've been looking into this stuff quite a bit. I was able to export my hands into HM2 and got rid of holdem indicator since the trial won't let me play cash games.

I still haven't got a hang of using hm2 but man there's a lot to learn.

First of all my essential goal is to reflect on myself and find my leaks, there's a trial of leakbuster coming from holdem manager, but is there anyway to do this manually because purchasing leakbuster on top of hm2 adds another $80 bucks.

I downgraded the hm2 to a version where the whole cards we're still viewable, and I'm currently using the trial version of the hand converter.

Also I tried using HM2's hud, and it made my computer extremely sluggish.. but i'm sure I can find ways around this by tweaking my operating system a little but i won't be using it for now because quite frankly I don't know what any of the numbers mean.

Attachments

• pokerlevel.jpg
    pokerlevel.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 29
I

IsaPalacios

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I figured out what some of the stats are, like the basics. Vp$ip, wtsd, w$sd, and i got the hud going so its not super sluggish but it's still pretty bad.

So for the meantime I'm going to focus on playing to generate some hand history and plug my personal leaks rather than exploit others.

Attachments

• Pokerlevel.jpg
    Pokerlevel.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 29
Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Investment is definitely worth it, but not have to spend a little time to learn and understand the program. Especially in a cash game.