advice on reading hands study??

R

Red_Devil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, hope ev is well?

I'm currently looking about ways to improve my card reading skills and was wondering what the best way to go about it is? I have seen a few books on the subject, one by Ed Miller - How to Read hands in No Limit Holdem and one by Owen Gaines called Hole Card Confessions, anyone read any of these? I have also seen a programme called Flopzilla which I feel could be pretty useful for narrowing down ranges and looking at how various ranges hit different boards etc.

Really want to get started on the right foot with this, so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

R

Red_Devil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got impatient & just bought Ed Millers - How to read hands off Amazon for 30 quid. Just gunna study this, play thousands of hands at the micro's, review hands, read again.... and keep repeating the process until it starts coming together.

Wish me luck :)

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Andrew Brokos has a video series on Hand reading on TournamentPokerEdge.com that is supposedly very good. I haven't seen it.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think card reading is just a little portion of poker strategies.

Anyway, I believe the best to hone it is through practice. You have to play much. No more no less.

crocoduck11

crocoduck11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi friend,
I can see, you are so interested to the poker game. So I will show a real way to learn poker game very easily.
Have you seen the poker pros on TV announce an opponent's hand as if by magic? Now it's your turn! Owen reveals the secrets to becoming an expert. Thanks
Is this a bot ?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands