6 Max NL5 first 10k hands advice

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, after playing like 200k hands at NL2 (9 handed) i decided to move to 5nl, i gave it a shot to 9 handed, didn't go great so i moved to 6 handed. i feel more comfortable here.

So i played my first 10k hands and decided to come here for any little advice you can give me. Things did not go too bad as i won 58.54$ in 10424 hands, and my BB/100 is 5.62 yet i feel like i do a lot of mistakes and could do a lot better.

Keep in mind that i play 20 tables at once at least, sometimes i go as high as 24. the reason i am not at the same amount of tables at any give time is that i constantly change the tables where the pots are too small or if there are only people who play too tight. Most of these hands ware played basically in 2 days and a little bit in 3rd.

Here are some Pokertracker 3 stats:

I want to add that i have a bankroll of 250$ aprox right now. I want to know what you guys think of me moving to NL10, the plan is to play at least 4 tables at once.

Last edited:
c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As tight as you play, you should have no trouble at 10NL.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
youre tight as a rock

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ditto, you'll have no probs at 10nl.

However, these are not optimal stats. You're not playing position (your VPIP is constant across positions, so I assume you're playing a specific range of hands from any position) and you're not stealing. Wondering about your 3bet strategies and percentages and how (if) you play back at the btn when you're in the blinds.

But for 10nl, no problem.

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i know i have major leaks in my game, and i don't defend my blinds. but, as i said this is for 10 nl where things i expect to be pretty much the same, maybe a few more tight players. i plan on learning as i move up and adapt.

anyhow, these ware the first hands i played at 5nl 6 max so i am still trying to find my stile, i will put a larger volume before i move up.

thanks for the advice people.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe three more tight players.

fyp (jk :) )

It sounds like you have a good plan. Don't look at the comments as negative criticism, these are definitely things you can add to your game as you move up. You're probably playing extremely straightforward ABC poker atm, which is absolutely exploitable - but you're not going to be exploited at 10nl, the play is still very loose passive, and if you're MMT'ing tighter is better anyhow for the time being.

Just a couple of suggestions, feel free to ignore - when you're ready (after beating up on 10nl for a while :) ), take some time to 4table (better yet, 2table) for a while and specifically look at practicing positional play. Download pokerstove (free) and look at what 15%, 20%, 25%, 30%, and 35% ranges look like, and experiment w increasing your opening range to 30% on the BTN, 25% in CO, etc. (I'm a 6max nit, and my ranges are wider than that - but when it's folded to you in late position in FR, you're effectively in a 6max environment, FR tight opening ranges don't have to be applied). Read up on basic stealing logic (how frequently does a steal need to work, defending against a loose BTN opener, etc.). Try and figure out what ranges your opponents are likely to be playing from CO and what ranges you should be playing back at them with when you're BTN. Ask questions as they come up.

Try these ideas out while not MMT'ing (drop back down to 5nl if you need to as well, experimenting at your normal limit isn't always the greatest idea) and see what does and doesn't work for you.

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fyp (jk :) )

It sounds like you have a good plan. Don't look at the comments as negative criticism, these are definitely things you can add to your game as you move up. You're probably playing extremely straightforward ABC poker atm, which is absolutely exploitable - but you're not going to be exploited at 10nl, the play is still very loose passive, and if you're MMT'ing tighter is better anyhow for the time being.

Just a couple of suggestions, feel free to ignore - when you're ready (after beating up on 10nl for a while :) ), take some time to 4table (better yet, 2table) for a while and specifically look at practicing positional play. Download pokerstove (free) and look at what 15%, 20%, 25%, 30%, and 35% ranges look like, and experiment w increasing your opening range to 30% on the BTN, 25% in CO, etc. (I'm a 6max nit, and my ranges are wider than that - but when it's folded to you in late position in FR, you're effectively in a 6max environment, FR tight opening ranges don't have to be applied). Read up on basic stealing logic (how frequently does a steal need to work, defending against a loose BTN opener, etc.). Try and figure out what ranges your opponents are likely to be playing from CO and what ranges you should be playing back at them with when you're BTN. Ask questions as they come up.

Try these ideas out while not MMT'ing (drop back down to 5nl if you need to as well, experimenting at your normal limit isn't always the greatest idea) and see what does and doesn't work for you.

right, thanks for the advice, i already have pokerstove. i will put more time at looking some numbers up in this program.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands