***2012 PLO Thread***

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So It comes early this year but there is a reason.

I want whoever is planning on seriously committing to PLO to post goals before the year. I want us, before we go into it, to know what we are looking to achieve and how we want to develop before we dive right into it. I know that this stands the possibility of just being my version of the other cash threads but I must give it a try :)

I have a few targets for the year and I will start the thread off.

The major goal for me is not a profit goal, it is a matter of volume. I have been slacking way too long and while the volume is not going to be much compared to others, I am looking to play 175k to 225k hands during the year. This would require a much more dedicated schedule to grinding and I will be looking to be putting in long 6 table sessions to achieve this. The preliminary goal would be to get 20k hands in every month, Obviously if I fall a little I will still be on pace.

Secondly, I want to make supernova this year. While that is only 100k hands at 200PLO or 150k hands at 100PLO, I still want to get it in writing that those are my goals. I think, more than likely, due to my lack of volume this year that I will start off at 50PLO and just try to get into the grinding mode early and then move up. While I am currently rolled for 200PLO, I think it is important for me to avoid an early downswing and just play through volume to build up a reasonable amount of volume and confidence.

Also, I will need to spend some time working on leaks as I will still have them. Right now, It will be hard to pinpoint with my depleted database but as we go on, session reviews will become customary and an effort to learn and improve will be taken.

Finally, the profit goals. This is a hard one to decipher since I am not sure how long I am going to stay at the lower limits. I have a prelim number of 20k but this can go either way. I think there is a good chance that I will be, if I persist with the volume be playing 400 and 600 by the end of the year. This is a goal of mine but a not major enough, as I think moving up will be a natural progression and I do not want to rush it.

I also want to make 5 PLO videos this year. Mostly for entertainment purposes but if I can get people into thinking differently, then I will try.

On a related note, a smaller goal of mine is to play 0 tournaments, 0 hands of any other forum of cash (unless for special events, if they come up), 0 flips (seriously), no SNGs.

This are lofty goals for me but putting it into writing and having other people read it will make them real and make it a reality and push me to do it.

Here is to a good year and hopefully, I am not the only one who will be grinding PLO this year.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm looking forward to following the thread and seeing you progress. PLO and HE are obviously different but you have a solid poker mind and mindset and you getting back to playing, even PLO, will be beneficial most certainly to me and to the whole cash forum.

I want to get involved later in the year as I enjoy PLO but I'm sure this thread will help me think about HE in a different way and I know you'll be around to help us HE players too.

Good luck with your goals, they're obtainable but I'm sure they will be satisfying. I'm excited for the new year myself and my goals might not be too dissimilar if I progress by the end of the month to where I want.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Except I think you will be better off with a 750K hand goal :)

Thanks bro, I hope to help as much as I can.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha yeah you're probably right. I play 4-6 tables atm and don't see myself progressing beyond 8 no matter what, I'm comfortable and I play well and feel like I'm improving. So that said 500k is a solid minimum with 750kish being a good target. I also want to be playing real poker before the summer and that's 100nl+. I'll move up as I can tho and that's not the main goal, improvement is.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Completely agree with everything you say. GL in the new year.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just looking and it's funny how 50nl to 100nl halves the number of hands needed for Supernova, no other jumps do that. Supernova is obtainable for me. We'll see.

P

PotluckXXI

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plug leaks, new mantra don't play marginal hands pre or post.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play more hands and rep the nuts on every street.

M

moneybagz718

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
starting to play more omaha than holdem,Gotta start calling more pre-flop than often would have won more hands than often

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
supernova or no entry to my country, just sayin

also lol at some of the retarded posts

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am coming your country. When I come, I will steal all your women.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can take our women, but you'll never take ou...no wait, hands off.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 but you can only use 4.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im pretty sure 9. but you can only use 7. Its not a normal game.

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah it's 4 cards and you can use any amount you want (true).
I'll give this a bash Marg but watching videos > playing hands ATM. Playing hands is just burning money for me right now.
Any PLO "strat" videos would be appreciated too (from yourself, purely for the accent)

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought that you were given 4 hole cards, and you could use as many of those as you need to make a hand.
I can only play the penny re-buy tourneys right now, but they are a lot more fun than the hold-em re-buy donkfests.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 cards you are dealt, but only 2 can be used along with 3 from the board.

JBBB I will try to make a video this weekend well Friday, since I have the day off. And my accent is sexy as shit. but you know that already :)

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am hoping to post a break even graph for the week.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got 1500 Euro wich I want 2 use playing PLO20 next year. Hopefully learning when to be agressive preflop from you. Going 2 follow this.