10nl 4betting with blockers vs unknowns: should you do it?

M

mottotom27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm talking about the obvious steal/resteal spots like BTN vs blinds, CO vs button etc. let's say you raise to 2.5bb from BTN and an unknown BB reraises to 9bb and you have A blocker. Can you expect a 4bet to around 23bb to show immediate profitability? it needs to work about 63% of the time, so you think at 10nl zoom you can get this amount of folds with the help of the A blocker to show a profit vs a complete unknown?

Also if the answer's yes, how often should you be doing this vs unknown? like if you do it every time you have Ax or Kx then will people catch on? should you do it about 50% of the time? Can someone give me an estimate of how often they are doing this and how profitable it is in general with blockers?

D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very questionable strategy atleast going 2 have 2 be a playable ace for draws.... The only problem is better hope when u pull this move they aren't holding nut hands or simply loose players

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mottotom27 I don't know figures, but if you do open on the Button with the raise with Axs... u can have a strategy where we will 4bet.

It's not a bad idea having a 4bet strategy in this spot if you do open wide on the button and you know your opponent 3bets wide as well then we can 4bet shove or even 4bet raise and represent a monster.

If we do get action beyond that we still have a hand that can play against someone shoving no matter what his holdings. Just have a small bluff range like Axs have fun. Next time we 4bet raise with AA we will get paid hopefully with the same guys later on.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars