Your thoughts on Bay Area poker room tournaments...

EthanVK

EthanVK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only played 5 times in the daily tournaments at Lucky Chances and made final table once. But it was no easy thing being that the blind structure is really fast (15min levels) and your starting chip stack is only $1,000 with antes starting in level 4. So needless to say that the field is extremely loose trying to build your chip stack fast so that you don't get blinded out when the antes come into play. There are a handful of good players but I have to say that the majority play a really bad game. I see a ton of donk plays chasing the river with ATC and so many bad beat stories to make you puke. I find it hard to bluff because just about 75% of hands in play gets called down. But you can't wait for a premium hand to come around because of the fast structure, so you are forced to play many mediocre hands and hope to get lucky. On a scale of 1 - 10 I give these tournys a 6 at best.

I'm thinking of playing some dailys at Bay 101. Has anyone played any of their tournys?

Falloooooon

Falloooooon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only played in the tournaments at Garden City a handful of times. It's pretty much the same as what you describe at Lucky Chances. They're probably even more turbo than a turbo tourney online. I would think that being loose in the rebuy period is actually key to success, and that's not something I can get comfortable with yet. I made the final table and went out 7th in the first one I ever played there.

I need to give Bay 101 a shot, but Garden City is like 3 minutes from my house.

EthanVK

EthanVK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being loose in the Lucky Chances Rebuy period is actually a good thing. If you bust out your rebuy chip stack is $1500. But you can only add on if you haven't used your rebuy yet during the first break and not during play. Kind of lame in my opinion. I'm curious to try other tournys at Bay 101 and Garden City. Bay 101 from my understanding, your starting chip stack is $500. That in its self seems like the only move in order to get ahead is going all in from the get go. Seems like a crap shoot it you ask me.