Are you in the hot seat?

stevencool1

stevencool1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there such a thing as a hot seat? I MEAN ( with the exception of your betting) that you are in the winning seat, you get all (or most) of the winning hands. Although. I beleave that I have sat at a cold seat in many games. 10 - 15 hands in a row, face cards low cards, not a winning hand. I've 4x the blind with pocket AA. My tormentor went all-in. I had a good hand. Idid too. when his cards turned over he had pocket 3's. I thought I won the hand. He got a 3 on the river. Is that luck? Or did he know he was in the hot seat.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck / all in your head I'm afraid.

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its luck. When u've got alot of chips or jus playin loose u put ur chips in n u get lucky quite a few times. jus gotta change gears most of the time.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to adjust the thermostat on your seat!

rick32

rick32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol

his 3 on the river was total luck he hit a 2 outer when totally dominated.no other way to explaine it...lol

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i sat in a 1/2 limit with 60 bucks...pretty much blinded down to 20 dollars in an hour ....was so mad havent had one had worth calling. then it happened. the biggest ...most bogus run of cards i've ever seen. my friend was watching me play....dealt ak of hearts....flop h h h. next hand pocket q's ...flop q 2 5 ...next hand, bb j7 offsuit, flop j 77 , sb a3 off. flop 733. then folded a hand. next hand pocket 7s . flop 7 7 A. i went from 20 to 120 in that stretch my friend an i both sat there thinking that was some bs. (full tilt)

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i sat in a 1/2 limit with 60 bucks...pretty much blinded down to 20 dollars in an hour ....was so mad havent had one had worth calling. then it happened. the biggest ...most bogus run of cards i've ever seen. my friend was watching me play....dealt ak of hearts....flop h h h. next hand pocket q's ...flop q 2 5 ...next hand, bb j7 offsuit, flop j 77 , sb a3 off. flop 733. then folded a hand. next hand pocket 7s . flop 7 7 A. i went from 20 to 120 in that stretch my friend an i both sat there thinking that was some bs. (full tilt)

so when you win its bs?? Most people usually say it bs when you loose. :confused:

ratmantoo

ratmantoo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck? Karma call it what you like! Yeah it does happen and is going to happen. Sometimes you can't win with a monster hand but win with real rubbish!

Some people will only sit in certain seats..its all in their heads IMHO.

If the cards come, they come if not you just have to sit through it.

The other day I was playing in a SNG and was dealt KK in the BB. Stakes were 150/300 and we were all sitting at about 1500 (4 left). Dealer raise to 900, SB calls. Both have been fairly tight so I consider folding but the pot is just too big. I should have pushed but ended up calling. Flop is K22 - YAY! flopped a monster. SB pushes all in, I call and Dealer calls. OMG now what? SB had AA and dealer had 22 and took it down with quads. It happens.

Ended up getting 120 chips back..SB all in and i get 72o. Lol Im out! RIGHT?
WRONG! every one is in the pot and the flop is 777. Quads !!! Double up ;)
In the next couple of hands I kept hitting and was soon over 3000 chips and chip leader, and went on to win it.

I dont believe that it was my brilliant plays :p but just that I had one excellent run. Thats all