is it wrong

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is it wrong to jump in a cash game. win. double up or close to it. then just leave? i dont play cash games much but today i did and did the above. im trying to build a roll on doyles room. i had like 3 bucks...got in the cheapest limit cash game they have and won 2.70 quick (in like 10 hands) and left. is that unethical or anything?

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people call it rude, bad, etc I personally don't have a problem with it. If someone does it to me, I'll put them on my buddy list and hunt them down to rape and pillage them at a later date :D.

T

TheReaper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meh, it is what it is. That's one of the advantages to the internet, you can move in and out of games very easily. As Jagsti said, some see it as bad etiquette, but there's nothing that says you can't do it. It sucks on occasion when they hit you with a bad beat and bail, but then you just remember them and go get your money back. Just a question though, if you were winning after a short time why would you leave and lose out on the potential of winning more? It's nice to leave ahead, but sounds like the cards were running good for you, why not stick around and see where it goes.

insolitude

insolitude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the very least I think you should stick around and play another round of blinds -- even if you don't bet another hand, at least it won't be so obvious.

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meh, it is what it is. That's one of the advantages to the internet, you can move in and out of games very easily. As Jagsti said, some see it as bad etiquette, but there's nothing that says you can't do it. It sucks on occasion when they hit you with a bad beat and bail, but then you just remember them and go get your money back. Just a question though, if you were winning after a short time why would you leave and lose out on the potential of winning more? It's nice to leave ahead, but sounds like the cards were running good for you, why not stick around and see where it goes.

when i started a cash game with a 2/3s of my money sitting in front of me...my whole goal is to win anything at all i mean 5 cents would be great...the last thing i want to do is lose the 2 dollars. i mean is it proper bankroll managment to play a 5 and 10 cent limit cash game with a 3 dollar bankroll. my number 1 expectation out of it would be to win a couple bucks and i did really quick. so i wanted to get out then.

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your roll is that small I would just take the money and run and keep repeating the process until you are properly rolled to play at the lowest level on the site

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah thats what i did but i felt bad doing it. one guy kept raising me over and over and i had the nuts twice in 10 hands. and i put him out then i left. i felt bad

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't feel bad, you will probably never see the guy again you don't need to try and make friends with him :p

K

KeepBlinkin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its ok to leave the table with the money... your goal is to make a really nice bankroll not making friends (at the tables of course)

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the very least I think you should stick around and play another round of blinds.
I don't. I frequently have cash tables open just to fill in the time between freerolls, and as soon as the next freeroll starts I leave the cash table. Life's too short to worry about things like that, if they don't like it it's their problem. :)

Gunns23

Gunns23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
is it wrong for idiots to catch a river card on you when they shouldnt even be in the hand ?

as far as i am concerned poker is WAR no sympathy what so ever i would win a big pot and leave, who the hell cares what these people that you most likely will never EVER see in your life think ! 1 hand can destroy your bankroll...do what you want...like i said NO sympathy for anyone...half the time they dont even respond when you ask them a question...i pretend i am not even playing against people...because sometimes thats how it feels

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is your money, you do what you want. People call it rude or whatever, this is online. You win money, you leave right away. No rules against it.

S

sta123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't like anyone doing it to me, but its unavoidable sometimes, ^ is correct poker is war :p

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people dont like it and consider it rude and blah blah blah, but there is no rule that says you have to sit at a table for any amount of time after a win or loss. If you feel it is the best decision to make after a big win, by all means leave. However, if you feel you can continue the winning trend, you should certainly stay and milk your oppenents for all they are worth