where is a good freeroll site

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mainly any site, since CC offers freerolls on basically all of them. Just check the calander for upcoming events and freerolls. Other than that bodog has 500$ freerolls twice a day. FT and PS are horrible for regular sites. Your best bet is to gwet into CC freerolls and start a roll that way eventually being able to play real money or real money CC events :)

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Easy, go to the main page, check all the site CC has freerolls at. We wouldn't play there if they weren't good sites!

btw, if you find a site you want to join there will be a link right there in the freeroll forum that will take you right to the game site so you can download their software for free.

Best of luck!

T

tmannie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls

The best sites I have found , where I have confidence in the way the cards play out ,are purepoker and bet fair , most of the rest of the sites seem to be not too kosher, when I compare the games to my own prctise software (which I purchased) and brick and mortar games.

fin2head

fin2head

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker sites

I have registered at US sites and all have freerolls. The best I found to be AP for easy play and number of daily freerolls. I imagine if your not USA their are tons of other sites Titan, etc. Check poker room reveiws and go at it.

pandabear77

pandabear77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ultimate bet has one freeroll an hour,i like to play there.

M

mr3window

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fulltilt seems to have the most freerolls-with a varying number of players, usually topping at 2700 as opposed to pokerstars w/ 12000. Good luck--see you on the tables.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, abs is pretty good for us players!
BTW you from Lowell, Kerouac's birthplace? Cool if you are!

R

rocky&taz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
More recently I started playing more NL freerolls. Full Tilt has a lot to offer. If you check the play money button you will find some additional freerolls that aren't listed under the real money option, however, the winnings may be in tournament dollars or entries to real money tournies.

Good luck.

TKinWIS

TKinWIS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt freerolls found

I recently reactivated my Full Tilt account just to play some cardschat events (now I'm a few post short). I never could find a decent freeroll at FT. Thanks for telling me where they've been hiding.
TK :pcguru:

More recently I started playing more NL freerolls. Full Tilt has a lot to offer. If you check the play money button you will find some additional freerolls that aren't listed under the real money option, however, the winnings may be in tournament dollars or entries to real money tournies.

Good luck.

J

jjgrand1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost only play on Full Tilt, but I think I'm spoiled cuz I only played there for so long and they definately have the best user interface.

katharine

katharine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bodog has a daily 500 dollar one at 9:40, but i've never placed.

Absolute has them ALL the time, just won a whole $3 last night (second finish itm), but beware as you have to go allin all the time and the last hour the blinds get so high that everyone is short-stacked. (think 40,000 blinds avg player has 324,000) so its hard to place unless you got guts.

Fulltilts are good, but fill up fast. So be prepared to register on the hour. (i.e at 9 on the dot for a 9:40 freeroll)

PokerStars has the most but are the hardest (imo). They give you a ticket to a larger tourney (cool) but you have to go through 11,000 people to get it. The closest I have come is in 100 (top 99 get tickets) sigh!
As a bonus though, they have Razz, stud and omaha freerolls.

IMO stay way from UB because I have won two of them. Now I have 3,000 points but I need 5,000 to cash out my points and 200 bonus dollars which are only useful if I have money in UB. So they don't pay in cash. They pay in UB points or bonus dollars.

Cake Poker is an ok one.

Carbon is also ok. Try their badugi freeroll. Such relaxing fun!

Hopes this helps

GL on the felt

TKinWIS

TKinWIS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Part with a few dollars and get in the $5.00 buy-in games instead of whining about 50 posts.
TK :icon_joke
I recently reactivated my Full Tilt account just to play some cardschat events (now I'm a few post short). I never could find a decent freeroll at FT. Thanks for telling me where they've been hiding.
TK :pcguru:

TheKid84

TheKid84

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played on FT and Bodog and I really like bodog. They have a variety of freerolls from outside places such as CC and they do their own promotional freerolls as well. They have 3 a day, and I must throw in there I've been doing quite well in them recently. Up $122 in the past week.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bodog

bodog has the best payouts, but only three times a day and one of those is at 3 in the morning.

TKinWIS

TKinWIS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, The blind structure is good at Bodog. The blinds go up slowly. You can actually play poker for at least the first 75-90 minutes.
I've played on FT and Bodog and I really like bodog. They have a variety of freerolls from outside places such as CC and they do their own promotional freerolls as well. They have 3 a day, and I must throw in there I've been doing quite well in them recently. Up $122 in the past week.

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read the have you read the rossopoker thread, the $50 freerolls are 6 seat tables and also a slow blind structure.

K

KDS63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played on FT, bodog, UB, Pokerstars, carbon and pitbull

The first month at Carbon is quite good -- you get into the newbie freerolls and the fields are generally small (around 500). There are (I think) 6 of those per day, plus one "regular" freeroll (1500 max field) every 6 hours or so.

UB has a lot of freerolls, but they're tough -- generally around $50 pool shared by the top 20 or 30 but with fields of 3000 or more. Pokerstars is worse, with fields of 12K to get into the top 30 in order to play in another tourney to get at the actual money.

Pitbull has one FR per hour, each with a field of 300-600. The payout is lower, but you get lots of chances at it, and you don't have to download software for pitbull (it's a java room inside your browser).

K

KDS63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have registered at US sites and all have freerolls. The best I found to be Absolute Poker for easy play and number of daily freerolls. I imagine if your not USA their are tons of other sites Titan, etc. Check poker room reveiws and go at it.

Quick note on Absolute freerolls. If you don't play a hand in the first round of blinds (you can fold all of them, but have to be there to do it, not just time out), you're dropped from the tourney. Based on fin2head's rec, I downloaded it this morning, regged for the 6:15 FR, did my morning 3-S routine, got back to the puter at 6:25ish and was out already.

Not a big deal, just something to be aware of.

I think UB does the same sort of thing - or at least it used to - with its freerolls.

norbs286

norbs286

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost only play on Full Tilt, but I think I'm spoiled cuz I only played there for so long and they definitely have the best user interface.

Agreed regarding the interface!!
The thing that is annoying is that in the first 5 hands of a game you're basically forced to either go ALL IN or Fold... Is that a "TiltPoker" thing or is common for all sites?

TKinWIS

TKinWIS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is very common at FT, Bodog and Carbon and I suspect everywhere else.
To me that is what makes communities like Cardschat so wonderful. They offer Freeroll and low buy-in events to those who want to actually play poker for small stakes in a friendly environment.
Agreed regarding the interface!!
The thing that is annoying is that in the first 5 hands of a game you're basically forced to either go ALL IN or Fold... Is that a "TiltPoker" thing or is common for all sites?

W

wbread86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a big fan of carbon as well as the bodog MTT freerolls. Carbon has a thing where if you place first in three sit' n' go's you get $1. The first two are usually easy because they are six handed and people go all in with marginal hands and the last one is little tougher as it's a full table and people actually want to win the dollar.

sisko

sisko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think bodog has best freerolls. 500 dolar 3 times a day. UB has 50 dolar freeroll and 4000-5000 people play :eek:. to win cash, only criteria is inredible luck. but bodog at 9am GMT, even 1500 people play. also fullltilt has razz and horse freeroll, thats good

T

tashie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i like bodog...its hard work to place tho cuz so many enter