What is your experience with pot size in $1 Spin&Go?

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering if I got a particularly bad streak - or is this fairly usual...

I just played 10 - $1 Sit&Go's at pokerstars. They were all for $2 (and I did real bad at them too lol)

What is your experience?

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I seldom play this kind of game,but i believe any good sample size is around 400-600 games,only then you could see the result or make any assumptions as i done it with Double or Nothing on 888 and it is profitable, but then afterwards they(888) decided to scrap the format after all the hard works lol.:D

V

vinest

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have resigned myself to the fact that the tournament for $ 1 Spin & Go prize pool of only $ 2))) and hope for more died, so do not play in them.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I just played 10 - $1 Sit&Go's at PokerStars. They were all for $2 (and I did real bad at them too lol)

What is your experience?

You had a bad streak in them. I was exclusively grinding them for a little while and I'd say for the average 10 games that 7 of them would be a 2x, 2 of them would be a 4x and one would be a 6x.

Now obviously I also had sets where they were all 2x games but I also had sets where there were more 6x games and a few 10x games.

I find it hard to say that these games can be profitable in the long run (unless you are lucky enough to hit the million dollar one) but they can be fun to throw a 10er in each month just to see if you are able to hit the jackpot.

torllyalex

torllyalex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

I have a system of monitoring and register in the best time (that i think)
highest 240 tourney (lost...) and 2 near misses for the 3600....i registered and in a few seconds they went to other pple...
highest in spin and go ...made 58$ from 10 >good system,good player heads up >problem ..can;t stop :)) i deposit and do not stop,played spin and go 10 hours straight...

coloradosc

coloradosc

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've already played 8, or 9, not sure, $1 spin go.
Just 1 time it was not only $2 prize, and this time the prize was $6.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is normal, basically should be 2x....In big distanse ROI 4-6% only for top regs..

In order to be in profit, to you should hit the jackpot..

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its normal.

Highest I saw is usually 6.

Must know when to stop.

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good to know that there are some better prizes! Thanks for posting. The best I saw was $4 and only 2 times. I guess it is not my lucky game :)

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have played the $1 spin and go's and have done miserably. Usually the prizepool is $2 with the odd one at $4, but nothing bigger. Now, when I go to the $5 buyin, the majority of the prizepools are $20 and for whatever reason, I do better with that buyin.

Steve2777

Steve2777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played $1 spin and go 6 of them and i won $6 prize , but i think i was lucky because i had good hands always and players called always my raises and i won .

dagG1

dagG1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play 5 1$ for 2 $ and won them , after that i play 2 3$ 6$ - and lost)

D

DoctorDonLoL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4$ is the biggest i hav seen (and win)
but spin and go is not profitable

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played some and sometimes it was like 5 games in a row for $2 but there were quite few for $4 or $6.... and my biggest one was $25 and luckily i won that :D

LinkornU

LinkornU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played 10 so far and won 3 or 4 so I've won 6 or 8 $ overall.
Once it was 6$ and once 4$ but I've lost both of them.
I believe it's only profitable for you if you hit a jackpot otherwise it's only profitable fore PokerStars)

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I just played 10 - $1 Sit&Go's at PokerStars. They were all for $2 (and I did real bad at them too lol)

What is your experience?

I've had a lot of luck in these, my strategy is as follows:

- Early on play a lot of hands (almost anything in late position) while the blinds are cheap, try to catch cards and double up.
- Once you're doubled up and the blinds start to climb, tighten up your play and save on your chips until it's down to around 5 players.
- With 5 players trying to make the final three, put on the pressure and start stealing blinds in late position and hope you don't get caught with junk.
- By the time it's down to 3 and you're in the money, you should be the big stack and 1st or 2nd place should be relatively easy unless you get unlucky.

Good luck and see you in the ring!

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played 10 so far and won 3 or 4 so I've won 6 or 8 $ overall.
Once it was 6$ and once 4$ but I've lost both of them.
I believe it's only profitable for you if you hit a jackpot otherwise it's only profitable fore PokerStars)

I just can't resist not to state the obvious: No matter what we do/play it is ALWAYS profitable for Pokerstars ... lol lol :D

F

fmonteiro87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i stopped playing spin & go on pokerstars, cause in 30 spins i never won a prize higher than $4. :(

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just can't resist not to state the obvious: No matter what we do/play it is ALWAYS profitable for Pokerstars ... lol lol :D

That's true :D Though with spin&go there's no doubt it's profitable mostly for them

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play spin and goes when a promo offers a reload bonus or something of the sort when you get free spin and go tickets for playing these or free spin and go tickets for completing a basic challenge like play 10 ring game hands etc.

I know they cannot be profitable due to the rake however an astute micro stakes grinder could take advantage of promotions to play these as and when such promotions pop up effectively getting near free money to gamble with might get lucky and hit it big probably wont most likely will add a few $ which better then nothing. Mission week etc or the current bonus where you deposit $15 and get $7 free spin and go tickets. its still free money.

from the few games I have played most are min cashs. although I just won $18 from a $3 spin and go from that $15 deposit thing.

you cannot successfully grind these. all things been equal if the standard is low enough 7% rake can be beatable if the standard is low enough that is. but all the pay out structure builds to pay the big pay outs so you would be grinding them for ages before you see return and variance is way to large.

further other games you can grind more eg six max hypers can play 12-24 games at once and grind a living I challenge anyone to grind spin and goes playing 12 at a time.

A

ATOMs01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also have 2 bucks win on the spin and go.
Well, they do not give me a million:)

4kingwildo

4kingwildo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play around week, 10-20 sngs per day, i see 10$ just once,6$ 4-5 times, 4 more often, and of course 2$ always =) porkerstars bring us stability, love it =)))

rogerdelpk

rogerdelpk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really bad experience.........im sick of getting just the double buyin.