what games should i start off with?

djmuggs

djmuggs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hey all, im depositing 50$ into my full tilt account again.
but this time im going to do lower stakes.. but how low should i go?

for cash games should i just do the lowest... and for sng should i just do 2$ buy ins??

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The lowest stake on fulltilt are $10 i think. With a small br i would suggest moving to ps.

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well SnG's arent a bad way to build up a little money. the only problem is that under $5 the winnings isnt much at all, so its a lot of grinding. i dont suggest you go playing $5 SnG's with a $50 BR though of course.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try the ferguson for a while if you are a MTT player...its on at 1:30AM EST and 10:30PST every single night...for the most part it is NL holdem but sometimes they throw in other games in their which dont interest me...if you place in one of those then your cash game and SNG play can expand a little

added bonus for the tournament: no tourney fee! yes!

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FT probably isn't the best site if you intend to play tournaments at the lower levels: entry fees are too high. You shouldn't pay more than 10% in juice.

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, FT is not the best place to start for very small buy-in tourneys. I would move to either Stars or bodog. Stars has a great selection of small buy-in tourneys and Bodog has great beginner tourneys that payout 5 places.

Scarfacecw

Scarfacecw

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very low stakes

start at the low level tables 0.5/0.10cent tables and if you win only get into tourneys with your winnings not what you started with bro good luck this time i am on there alot i am

Scarfacecw : at full tilt

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
start at the low level tables 0.5/0.10cent tables and if you win only get into tourneys with your winnings not what you started with bro good luck this time i am on there alot i am

Scarfacecw : at full tilt

^^ this. Good advice, the .05/.10 Cap Pl and NL tables are excellent starting points for a micro BR, and the competition is pretty soft.

strongbower

strongbower

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start off with the .05/.10 NL tables untill you build your BR to about $200-300, only buyin for 5% or less of your BR or the $2 min on fulltilt. good BR control :)

shawn-me5

shawn-me5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are $1 tournaments Just look for them

JacksRwild63

JacksRwild63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im in agreement with those that state fulltilt may not be the best place to build a roll.

I recommend some of the smaller sites at first. I won 2 $300 PP games at P4E and moved money from there onto other sites.

I wish you luck at which ever site you choose :icon_thum

hunterT1000

hunterT1000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can build your bankroll very quickly playing ABC SnG strategy on pokerstars low buy in SnG's.

On the really low buy in SnG's ($1-$5) you can often blind-off into the money because most of the guys who play those have no idea about SnG strategy and gamble all their chips in the first few levels (if not the first few hands!).

Top 10 Games