What do you think of the Daily Doubles?

S

sta123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing in full tilts daily doubles a lot quite recently, what are your thoughts on these?

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the odds of winning both are rediculous, but i have played in both when they first started coming out i never cashed in both at the same time but have cashe din both lol. I think the jackpot should be high considering i never heard of anyone hitting it yet.

S

sta123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its 33,000 if you win both, if you win both early double, daily double, and Big double over course of a month you get $1,000,000 (the odds of that...)

KenFischer

KenFischer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do play them on occasion, but probably shouldn't. Overall I don't make much money in them.

I have double-cashed once, for about $40, but I usually run into someone who gets lucky against me in at least one of them before the money.

The satellite play is terrible, and that carries forward to the actual tournaments in my opinion. Many more hands seem go to the river with weak holdings (when compared with other tournaments that I play in).

If you can make it to close to the bubble, play tightens up much more than a regular tournament, as nobody who is still in both wants to take a chance on busting out of the jackpot race. That's about the only good thing I can really say about them, though.

KidFlopadelic

KidFlopadelic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play em once in awhile

once a week or so, I double cashed last week for $40something, I think the $12 DD games are pretty loose and easy to cash if u play patient and smart, but the payoffs aren't that great for the time invested IMO.
Once you hit the $, it seems it turns into a bingo game/push fest. If you're stacked, this is good, if you're short, it's push n pray time !

Forget actually WINNING both! the odds are silly against anyone from doing that, but it works as a marketing tool!:D

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Forget actually WINNING both! the odds are silly against anyone from doing that, but it works as a marketing tool!:D

I think this is a big part of it, Marketing....the chance to cash in both and what if you win! Eh, probably not gonna happen but I'm sure they make a lot more money then if they only had one 10 dollar tourney or 2 seperate 10 dollar tournies.