Despite low traffic at the moment for many games, Americas Cardroom
is doing the best of ANY other cardroom to say YES to American Players. At a time when Promotions, Cashout Speed, Customer Service, Money Spent on Players, etc is hard to find in any US Cardroom, at least for the moment, the new owners of Americas Cardroom are spending real money
, and making real changes at the old DoylesRoom (which frankly was a pretty big all-around mess).
I have been following developments since DoylesRoom was extinguished, and Americas Cardroom has been making all the right moves so far. Now, I am not saying the place is perfect, or even near perfect, and they certainly can make further improvements. But my observations and some play have pushed me to make this recommendation: Things that Americas Cardroom is doing to attract players:
seems to work properly without constant freezeups, etc (can play up to 20 tables)
(paid direct to players account) You must sign up through Affiliate/Rakeback provider to get the Rakeback, but you do not have to worry about Affiliate going broke or running off not paying Rakeback as it comes direct from Americas Cardroom to your poker account
-Payments Made Once a Week
-Tournaments & SnG Fees; Included in rakeback calculations
-Bonuses are deducted from rake
-Honors old accounts DoylesRoom 33% Rakeback
*Extra Free Money for Poker Points up to $1900 a month
- (additional 10% rakeback equivalent) *PLUS, does NOT count against Rakeback
*Starting Nov 29th
- They are running a nice looking 6 day, 18 Event MTT series for a small network, with 150K in guaranteed cash and prizes, a $50k GUARANTEED Main Event, a $25k Warm-Up Event on Thanksgiving, Hold’em and Omaha tourneys, and contests that award tourney seats, cash and FPPs
*100% Bonus Deposit up to $1,000
(note that it has no expiration to complete nor gets voided with cash outs)
- takes visa debit or credit transactions; Western Union, Moneygram
- Offers Debit Card so you can use ATM to get cash (seems that Checks to American players are by far faster than Cake and Merge though, I would say a bit slower as Bodog
but by far more reliable than Merge)
*65K Monthly Rakerace
- where you compete with an extremely small base of players. If you have the time to play, it would seem easy to rack up cash money. The TOP 13 places all win over $1,000 and 1st place is $10,000. They pay down to 275th place.
*Bad Beat Jackpot
- currently almost $194,000
*12 Hours of Freerolls on the hour every Friday
*Player to Player Transfer
*There's a pretty good amount of action on medium and low stakes tables compared to recent DoylesRoom activity
(6-10 tables usually). The major tourneys on the weekends can field 400+ players. Most of the tourneys during the day have less than 100 or even 50 players. There's a $25 buy in 4k guaranteed at the end of every day that is pretty decent and normally fields around 200 players.
A good point in my book is they also continued any promotion, rakeback agreement that players had with DoylesRoom, and have been working hard to correct any problems ala bounced Doyles checks.
At least for now, seems like a place for US Players to be excited about, looking to cater to US players, until they get big enough not to care anymore.
I am no Americas Cardroom expert by any means but I will help you if I can