UB Support response

Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Background: I contacted UB support via e-mail trying to get a "live play" issue looked in to.

A player had admitted to using two accounts to play during a tourney (it was a free roll but this issue crosses the money line I think). I did look at the other account that had the same name but for 1 character and he was indeed in the same tourney.

What he told me at the table was that he plays like a Donkey, AI, AI, AI until he gets knocked out or builds a stack. If this Donk gets a stack the guy plays reasonably. Then he uses the other player to Donk with. If he gets knocked out as a donkey, he plays the other guy properly. :eek:

I gave UB the information and this was their response.

Thank you for contacting us.

We appreciate you reporting these cases as it is of great importance for us to maintain a healthy environment for our players. The chat logs will be carefully reviewed by our Monitoring Team and proper actions will be taken against the offenders.

Additionally, remember that you can use our "mute" function in the game while the investigation is conducted. Just right click your mouse on the player's name and select "mute". :confused:

So, although they say they will review the chat logs, their response is to basically tell me to Mute the Chat!?!?! How about dealing with the friggin issue, cheating players. Telling me to "hide my eyes" was an obnoxious thing to say.

I did write them back asking them if that is really what they wanted to say, no response yet.

Opinions?

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a prepped reply. Notice it doesn't say anything about the issue of 2 accounts. I'll guess that whenever an email like yours comes in with the words "chat" or "said" in it, the support person chooses this response to send back. This response would also apply to someone who says "He called me a xxxxx". I wouldn't worry about the "mute" part of the reply. You did your good deed. Now let's just hope that if they find his chat to be incriminating that they would take the appropriate measures.

Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmm, I hadn't considered it being a canned response. You are probably right. Ultimatebet is my very favorite site and I was hoping for quick, effective response.

I'll probably never bother again. I've seen a lot of remarks here about these kinds of issues so it certainly isn't something they are not aware of, at all the poker sites.

Thanks Mr.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it's canned, but if you keep replying you will eventually get someone who will have to think about what you are saying. I've learned that UB and AP will eventually attempt a real response if you keep bouncing back to them.

Its frustrating, we can never really get to anyone who has authority in these and other online organizations.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars and cake poker both give amazing non-canned responses, just had to say they are both my favorite customer support sites.