Stupid carbon glitch....

whowantwhat

whowantwhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was close to the bubble with QQ with 4bbs left
Guy UTG raises to 2.7bb and immediately I knew he probably had an A in his hand considering his stack size
I check the lobby and 127 places get paid
I check the players list and there are 127 players left, and the last person has 0.8 bb left.
Thinking I was in the money, I call hoping to flop a set (lol)
Axx flop and I knew I was beat
Guy bets and I call anyway (cuz why not I have 1 bb)
He has AK
I lose
Check the lobby and I was out at 129th
WTF it was clearly 127 people before. I thought something was odd when there was no hand-to-hand play
I would've folded my QQ if I werent already in the money...
It was only a $2.20 tourney but still... I'm kind of annoyed

S

SBritt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play at Carbon also, and feel like they are masters of effing you over.

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Was close to the bubble with QQ with 4bbs left
Guy UTG raises to 2.7bb and immediately I knew he probably had an A in his hand considering his stack size
I check the lobby and 127 places get paid
I check the players list and there are 127 players left, and the last person has 0.8 bb left.
Thinking I was in the money, I call hoping to flop a set (lol)
Axx flop and I knew I was beat
Guy bets and I call anyway (cuz why not I have 1 bb)
He has AK
I lose
Check the lobby and I was out at 129th
WTF it was clearly 127 people before. I thought something was odd when there was no hand-to-hand play
I would've folded my QQ if I werent already in the money...
It was only a $2.20 tourney but still... I'm kind of annoyed

1. You probably should have been shoving long before you got to 4 BBs.

2. You should be embarrassed for posting that you would fold queens in that spot in a $2.20 tournament. That's truly asinine. If you need the $3 payour then you shouldn't be gambling.

-HooDooKoo

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. You probably should have been shoving long before you got to 4 BBs.

2. You should be embarrassed for posting that you would fold queens in that spot in a $2.20 tournament. That's truly asinine. If you need the $3 payour then you shouldn't be gambling.

-HooDooKoo

condescending, rude, and not helpful at all, just like all of HooDoo's posts.

how long did you have the tourney lobby open? i have noticed that if it is open for some time it doenst seem to be as up-to-date as when it is first opened. good luck to you OP

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

how long did you have the tourney lobby open? i have noticed that if it is open for some time it doenst seem to be as up-to-date as when it is first opened. good luck to you OP

Although it didn't address the complaint about a carbon glitch (which is basically just lag due to subpar software usually, or perhaps even the op's connection...I get it on many sites besides carbon like intertops and wpn) his points were certainly valid to the situation that was indicated.

Why play mtt's if your aiming to or happy to mincash? Contemplating folding a prem hand like QQ is a bit rediculous in that situation, to flat and not put the 4bb in pre is probably even worse lol.

If it's a satty where 1st or 127th gets the same prize, then yes perhaps I give it some thought to fold my way in since I only lose by taking the risk to du but I'd just as soon bust within the first 10 minutes of a tourney than to play for hours just to mincash.

@op: it's an easy mistake to make not thinking first that it should have been hand for hand, but the advice given is valid that you shouldn't let you stack dwindle down to 4bb and should have had the chips in the middle with almost atc before now let alone to get a premium pp and have to think about getting it in. Although the thread is regarding the glitch we are just trying to provide sound advice that can help improve your game as well. I bid you goodluck and rungood on the feltz in the future.

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
his question was in regards to the glitch, he was not asking for input about his play. HooDoo is rude and condescending to everyone on this forum.

if he wanted input on his play OP would have posted this in Tournament Poker under tournament hand analysis, NOT under Poker Rooms with the subject: Carbon Glitch

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hoodoo is the voice of online poker forums. If it weren't for guys like him, forums wouldn't exist.

For the record... I agree with 98% percent of your posts, Dane. Hehheh loving it!

D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HDK is in the right here lol the fact this guy was gonna fold QQ with that stack lol :eek:

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to min-cash that badly just fold into the money.

DaPirate

DaPirate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His post was not looking for input on his play here, it was pointing out the glitch in carbon's lobby to more than likely make everyone aware of it should you find yourself in this position. Its very easy to end up in his position when cards are running cold and just to break even is a plus...

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His post was not looking for input on his play here, it was pointing out the glitch in carbon's lobby to more than likely make everyone aware of it should you find yourself in this position. Its very easy to end up in his position when cards are running cold and just to break even is a plus...

If he wanted no input on his play he would not have even mentioned his hole cards, or how the hand played out. :p

Having said that, most sites (in fact all sites in my experience that are not PS/FTP) in my experience have a sizeable lag in updating their lobbies. Knowing that LAG time exists is important in some cases, especially satellites. Its not anything but poor software design, or their software is prioritizing other parts of the client, like speed on high stakes omaha games or w/e.

Sorry if i came across too harsh, i tend to do that sometimes :)

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

What kind of post could be helpful at this point, T-Dubs? The tournament is OVER and OP is out --- so it's a little late to be helpful. And none of us can prevent a "glitch" like the one described, so the only "useful" information is to forget about it and move on.

My post did offer useful information --- information that OP can use going forward --- concerning : 1. how not to end up that short again; and 2. how considering a fold in the spot OP described is terrible poker.

Whether or not you like the tone of my posts --- which matters none to me --- the information provided in said posts always has merit. If you can't handle my presentation, then add me to your ignore list.

-HooDooKoo

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Dave, Steve, and DonkCentral --- thanks for the support.

-HooDooKoo