Studying=Winning=Fun

JCW78

JCW78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I entered my first bounty tournament last week. It wasn't much, 40 people had entered. This was my second live tournament. In my first tournament i finished 6th. Any way, i have been doing a lot of reading both online and books I've picked up trying to find a better way to play. I was way passive in my first tourney and I think it was just by chance I got as far as I did. At this tournament however I focused on better selection and then I was very aggressive. the normal raise around me would be 2-3x the BB, I was raising it 4 and 5 and sometimes 6x the BB. I had decided if they wanted in a pot with me they would pay. I didnt focus on collecting any of the bounty's, just play a tight solid aggressive game and it paid off. I won the whole tournament. Like I said before there was only 40 entered but I still feel a lot better. Between watching the players and being more aggressive I am sure I can go on to win several more.

Final Hand
me: BB 5/2o
him:SB A/3o

he calls the bb and i just check.

Flop: K K 3

he bets out 5000, i reraise to 15000, he flat calls

Turn: J

he checks, i check

River: 5

he bets 5000, i raise all in, he calls, i win

what was i thinking: i tried to steal on the flop and he just called, i assumed right there he had no king but either the 3 or a small A because he didnt raise preflop and after sitting with this guy for a while i thought i had him figured out. when he checked the turn i was leaning more to the 3 so i took the free card. when the 5 came out and he only bet 5000 i felt it was a weak bet and shoved, glad i was right this time. he was not happy seeing a 2/5o in my hand.

tell me how u think i did, i would appreciate it!

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gutsy move there to win it, but if you had a read I guess it wasn't horrible. But was the all-in a bluff or did you want him to call? I still can't believe he called with A high, that's one of the worst plays I've seen in quite a while.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Congrats on the win & welcome to the forum.