sharing the blinds?

R

Ray

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few days ago i was playing a tourney you had to register days/weeks in advance to get into.

Once the tourney started there was only me and 1 other guy online at my table, so i asked if we should take turns taking the blinds. The dude said no and we was in effect in a heads up battle.

Afterward i was thinking if that's even ok to agree to share the blinds in that scenario. Is it?

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From what I have read its okay to agree on it just not in any sort of communication out loud. lol

jbatesm

jbatesm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think i would have posted that in the chat. but really its kind of pointless because if you break him then you can have all the blinds you want so dont even bother worrying about that

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By talking about it you were colluding (spelling?) and you can very harshly penalized for that by the website.

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you want to do that? Go for the chips

H

Henreiman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I love to share the blinds. No need to attack and each other when you can just bump up the chip stacks. Early on when the blinds are low, no reason. But when blinds start getting up there, 50/100 say, why not take the 150 every two turns. You go through 10 rounds of that and you've picked up 1500 chips.

G

GrantGreen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone asks to split the blinds, I say no and try really hard to bust them. It's POKER, not tiddlywinks.

S

Syfted

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see what the big deal is by posting it in chat. It's the other people's fault for not being there. I say if you want to split the blinds go for it. If you want to avoid punishment from the site, then just don't ask in chat, see if the other person will just do it anyway.

It's technically collusion, but here's what I can't understand:

Why do they bother to seat you if, for example, you aren't even there?

If someone closes the client software, why don't they seat you when you log back on, but with an average number of blinds fewer in your stack?

In some micro sng's, you can get ITM just by check/folding, so it's a reasonable strategy. But if you aren't online, why do they give you a seat?

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One word: collusion.

Go ask the poker sites if they are okay with that one word on their site?

jbatesm

jbatesm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's technically collusion, but here's what I can't understand:

Why do they bother to seat you if, for example, you aren't even there?

If someone closes the client software, why don't they seat you when you log back on, but with an average number of blinds fewer in your stack?

In some micro sng's, you can get ITM just by check/folding, so it's a reasonable strategy. But if you aren't online, why do they give you a seat?

They really shouldnt. I think you should have 5 minutes to log on to the site and after that they should eliminate all the sit-outs. This is not realistic though. Hey im not complaining though cause its free money and a lot of time i register for a tourney and i am unable to play right away so i come in whenever i am available.

R

Ray

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok consensus is thats collusion and thus elligal, duly noted.

As far as playing a HU game with the other guy would almost never be bether then sharing the blinds. We would each get 5 times starting stack by sharing the blinds. In a Hu scenario we would only double (+the blinds we pick up along the way) Also when 1 of us is knocked out another player will just take his seat.

As it was i did take all his chips, but thats another story.

C

clarkyballs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its fine to split the blinds. I've actually seen this done on the WPT and there was no objection from anyone. The only bad thing is when you make this agreement then you get dealt aa. What do you do then?

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will never ask myself but on numerous occasions someone else has asked me to do it and like a few others Im gonna agree that its worthwhile as U dont risk elimination and you can stack up quite alot early on. Practically everytime I have done it I have cashed in the tourney so I will do it again.

As others have stated tho if it is verbalised then technically it is collusion and the sites could take a dim view, but as its usually in a freeroll this happens I doubt most sites care.

T

teksmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its collusion and you take the chance of being banned or penalized in some other way. They might not bother with a freeroll but you never know who is lurking in the chat. And if someone comes in late and sees you talking about it they might take offense and report you.

J

joeey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few days ago i was playing a tourney you had to register days/weeks in advance to get into.

Once the tourney started there was only me and 1 other guy online at my table, so i asked if we should take turns taking the blinds. The dude said no and we was in effect in a heads up battle.

Afterward i was thinking if that's even ok to agree to share the blinds in that scenario. Is it?

i have been in that situation plenty of times,

why play at all if your gonna share the point

of the game is to accumalate as many chips

as possible if the other players are not there

less comp 4 u:cool:

H

herlis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
i was also asked before to share the blinds and i said yes but i never did again , for me its like cheating or it is cheating like others said i would prefer to play it out until i get him out and i get all the blinds .

B

brewdawg69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, I still say it's not that big of a deal, especially on a freeroll. Yeah I know that the point of the game is to get as many chips as possible, but why not take people's blinds if it's you and one other person. You accumulate a lot of chips that way. Besides, it's very rare. It's come up in the countless freerolls I've played a grand total of once.

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most players are too greedy

why not split em, grab the chips and play hard when all the sit outs are cleared...i have asked in freerolls and most agree...but some players get greedy and only see all the chips if they take you out... so then you take all your time,play slowly and they get the point or go on tilt... it speeds up the game..you both increase your stack..you know other people are doing at other tables so if you fight it out you lose ground..AA ? oh well..

PrityBrn-IdGirl

PrityBrn-IdGirl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having been in that situation many times I have done both at times.....I never really looked at it as if it were colusion until just now. Maybe because i never knew the person I took turns with.... and I never went into the tourney intending to do so...... but having thought about it I have come to the conclusion that since these are only freerolls that we are talking about for the most part in some capacity the sites probly want those players to be blinded out quickly with just a few people at a tabe because they always seem to set just a few tables up like that. As if they are encourageing you to blind out the sitting out players. Thats just my opinion but something tells me you all have been at one of those tables where everyone who is eliminated starts to be replaced with more people who are sitting out. That just smells like take em out to me.

W

wizardsfan05

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yesterday, I was playing in a freeroll which had started registering players about a week in advance, and I ended up being the only person at the table. By the time one of the players had finally got knocked, I had over 10,000 play chips in my stack, and in affect, was able to play smartly for the rest of the tournament and finish in the cash. I guess these freerolls should instead start registration closer to the start of the tournament.

N

nateogreato

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know who this collusion guy is, but my chips are mine

When I sit down and there are nothing but bots in the room and one other person it's like heads up with bonuses for taking risks. Very fun. I won a tourney 3 days ago where less than 10% of the people showed up. it's nothing to brag about because until we were down to last 4 tables every table had a bot. But it was like playing small table poker and I really had fun.

I was tall stacked in the end and got to play bully for well over an hour. Good times.

pifan

pifan

PiFace
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont see where thats colusion seeing a weakness an taking advantage of it . but you dont even have to chat about it you both will know. i hate it on a sng tourney when 3 places pay and you have 4 left with one sitter waiting for one to get knocked out and get in the money