Seals with Clubs

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
anyone play on Seals with Clubs? just wondering how the whole bitcoin thing works out. i guess you can cash out and receive the $ in 2 days. anyone?

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks for the info Jim....i will stay away. if you dont mind me asking, where do u currently play?

Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on several Merge skins, mostly Hero lately.
I also play on ACR and True poker, both are on the Winning Poker Network.

C

Corey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on SWC, and it is not a fraudulent site. You can see my thread on BitCoin Poker here on Cardschat

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-rooms-10/

I made 96 bitcoins so far, that's almost $500. Granted, I thought bitcoins would collapse at first but it seems they've stabilized at about $5 a piece. Cashouts are quick, less than 24 hours most of the time, sometimes within hours. The software isn't the greatest, but the new software has Holdem, Omaha Hi and Omaha HiLo 8s or better. There are hourly freerolls and small money added half hour SNGS, that's how I made my 96 bitcoins, from nothing. It can't hurt, and I know a lot of you are freeroll hunters.

Last edited:
Mentor

Mentor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've heard decent things from a couple people. Evidently, these couple of people were a large proportion of the player pool, looking at the traffic, LOL. But it seems the cashouts are quick. I have never bothered with it myself, mainly because I have never bothered with Bitcoin.

Out of curiosity Corey, how long did it take you to build up that 96 bitcoin?

C

Corey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've heard decent things from a couple people. Evidently, these couple of people were a large proportion of the player pool, looking at the traffic, LOL. But it seems the cashouts are quick. I have never bothered with it myself, mainly because I have never bothered with Bitcoin.

Out of curiosity Corey, how long did it take you to build up that 96 bitcoin?

About 5 months :)

They have a new 60 BTC Guaranteed on Sundays for 2 BTC, so far it's been getting 21-25 players, so there's a small overlay. Also on Wednesdays check out the 10 BTC Freeroll sponsored by.. well it's a competitor so I guess I can't say to be fair. Just login and check it out.

The new Omaha Hi and HiLo games that have been running lately, some at stakes of 10/20 (that's .01/.02BTC) have been filled with some serious Omaha Donks. I've been making a decent amount there lately.

Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the owners Bryan Micon is a very shady individual.

Mentor

Mentor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the owners Bryan Micon is a very shady individual.

While I won't deny this (it goes hand in hand with his perpetual brokeness), I don't think he has any ownership, or if he does, it is likely a small share tossed to him to promote the site.

A

andy_9_9_9_9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Shady Site

Just played there. Seems to me there was collusion going on. From what I read in the thread linked to they have unecrypted passwords and even worse, you can register mutiple users and play from the same IP. I am sure they cannot detect someone using a proxy server at all. Additionally there is this shady owner. So I would definitely stay away from this site built on top of a $99 poker server software.

Last edited:
OneVillain

OneVillain

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just played there. Seems to me there was collusion going on. From what I read in the thread linked to they have unecrypted passwords and even worse, you can register mutiple users and play from the same IP. I am sure they cannot detect someone using a proxy server at all. Additionally there is this shady owner. So I would definitely stay away from this site built on top of a $99 poker server software.
You can't play at the same table with the same IP there, I'm pretty sure. But that's just the tip of the iceberg, people who are determined to collude online will do it.

I wouldn't give up on Bitcoin poker just because you don't like this owner or the way the site is setup, for example OneVillain is a new site that's entirely Heads-Up, so collusion is impossible. Rake is dirt cheap, 1%, because there's little overhead using bitcoins and not spending resources policing collusion.

I would say there's enough action right now that you could make bitcoin poker your primary grind, certainly a good supplement if you want part of your bankroll available for quick withdraws. It's perfect if you like HU and short-handed.. if you want to 12-table against nits, gotta stick with US dollar poker for now, heh.

Micon

Micon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, this is Micon here, I am the affiliate manager and site pro for SealsWithClubs.

We a recent increase in traffic, we now have games running around the clock at micro and low stakes, with the occasional medium stakes game a few times per week.

The bitcoin idea is really cool and I've been using it for about 1.5 yrs now. Ask me anything, I'm here to help and we are doing something really awesome at Seals. Rake is super-duper low and we have tons of promotions to make it even lower for our players. We are trying to change the economy while removing the bank.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you still a donator in the 8-16 mix at Aria???

You said anything...

P

PokerHand66

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played a little time ago but was not impressed

Micon

Micon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you still a donator in the 8-16 mix at Aria???

You said anything...

It has been 12-24 for some time, and I don't play. You guys are too good and I don't play poker much anymore. I am solely focused on SealsWithClubs and helping grow the bitcoin poker scene.

I have played a little time ago but was not impressed

Check back some time - we have significantly more action since this thread was created. Most of the boys that have played recently have found the site to be extremely soft. Our rakeback and promos make this and insanely cheap site to play on - easily the lowest rake in the industry.

You can't pitch a poker site IMO - once you advertise, players will try you out. If they find soft games and fast cashouts they will stay. I'm proud to say we have that over at Seals.

cdooley72

cdooley72

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I am going to check it out. If for no other reason I am new and interested in Bitcoins. It might be a way to get a few free ones it anything else

Micon

Micon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I am going to check it out. If for no other reason I am new and interested in Bitcoins. It might be a way to get a few free ones it anything else

Freeroll MTTs run every hour and award 50 chips FTW, aka .05 btc aka about $.58 ATM.

If you send me a screen name I'll ship you a free 500 chips on Seals, or about $6 USD

Micon

Micon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll MTTs run every hour and award 50 chips FTW, aka .05 btc aka about $.58 ATM.

If you send me a screen name I'll ship you a free 500 chips on Seals, or about $6 USD

shipped on Seals / can't PM yet / don't have 15 posts :( but grinding at that figure :)

C

Corey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah Micon gives free bitcoins. I've seen it myself! (No Rollover either by the way but you really ought to try to grind it up)

Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played a few freeroll's at SWC, the software would have been nice in 1998. But i would try it again if i has a few chips, cant be much worse than Lock.

Micon

Micon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played a few freeroll's at SWC, the software would have been nice in 1998. But i would try it again if i has a few chips, cant be much worse than Lock.

I just Re-read this thread, it appears you start by saying negative things about both me as well as Seals, but seem to have come around and want some free chips.

What changed for you in the last few months?

M

maxima191

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They use bit coins as a currency I think Dutch Boyd created the site with Bryan Micon

kltpzyxMrM

kltpzyxMrM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw this thread, created an account and played their hourly 54 max winner take all freeroll. The flash player was pretty poor for me (had to log out/log in twice). The lobby is pretty myopic, there's not much you can see unless you take the time to highlight each line then click on each button. It might be ok if you're using an old pc or have a slow connection. I can't see this requiring much bandwidth. Maybe good in internet cafes because of the flash player tables.
However, I do like concept of the bit coins.
I heard Dutch Boyd was having trouble finding a minimum wage job no one would hire him. It's kinda funny if he is involved in this site.

S

spanky

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Micon

Id like to try out seals with clubs and bitcoins. Do you think you could send me some free chips to try it out? my name on seals is tourneypro thanks alot.