PS or FTP

INGAJ

INGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone. im playing poker for about 2 months but still dont know where is better to play FTP or PS . I would hear your opinion

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends really, but as a general recommendation you can't go wrong with Stars.

Because you are new to the game Stars will be harder for you (always is) however as a result you will learn the game at a quicker pace.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey everyone. im playing poker for about 2 months but still dont know where is better to play FTP or PS . I would hear your opinion

I vote for FTP. But I would try other rooms, like rooms of Ipoker, Merge network. ;)

nerosx

nerosx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
FTP for beginner, on PS some hand are sf

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

For me better is pokerstars because there are freerolls good for beginnners and a lot of micro tournaments for example for 0,1$ or 0,25$. At FTP is regional freeroll to your country with prize pool about 100$. If you win some $$ at FTP you can transfer it to Pokerstars.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you want to learn to play poker risk free then I believe FTP is better for you as they have a lot of freerolls and country based freerolls with smaller fields.

PS is also a good site for freerolls, GL @ the tables :)

B

Blue_Fossil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wish I had a choice....

Back when I did have a choice, I preferred Full Tilt - for two reasons. One was because I usually play on a netbook computer, and the FT software full-screen actually filled the entire screen. PS did not. The 2nd reason was it seemed players were disconnected much more frequently on PS, which slowed games down. That may not have been PS's fault, but it did annoy me.

Now, I prefer PS because they weren't the ones that stole my money, then promised to pay it back, and they still haven't, more than 2 years later.

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's way,way more players on Stars than Tilt. The play is softer on Tilt, but it can get really hard to find players in all levels of games at most hours of the day, except for weekends.

T

tohos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want a wide selection of games PS is the place. I personally prefer FTP software but there are too few people playing PLO cash games there so I play on Stars instead.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play on both and after awhlle you will prefer one over the other...i personally like both sites, i usually play all the cash games on stars since there are more tables but then i play games like 10-game, 8-game, horse on FT because i think the site looks nicer therefore more enjoyable....stars is abit bland visually but the gameplay is perfect as is full tilt...

psychotie

psychotie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both site are quite the same ( who wonders they both belong to the same company) Try both snd look what software suits u better. I would als try out another poker room like 888 or 3 d poker on PKR The playerfield is diff from stars and FTP.
GL on the felts

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

It depends on what game you are playing.

Fulltilt has nowhere near the volume of players as Stars does.

Pre-BlackFriday (~ <2011) I would pick Fulltilt. but post BF I would pick Pokerstars ainec (again though... it depends on what you're hoping/looking to play)

Also, for someone who's only been playing for 2mos., I'd consider playing on somewhere like 888Poker. micro buyin cash game on 888Poker is so incredibly soft (ie. full of really bad players) that it'd be hard not to win or be breakeven. (obviously the lowest buyins on any site have alot of bad players in them but I think 888 has wayyyy more).

RichL

RichL

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can play a lot of poker on both without despositing. So download both and play on both for a couple of months and see which one suits you better.

C

cleiton1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i choose pokerstars its difficult but they have more experience better software they have a lot of freerolls but FTP i dont like the image i dont have play a lot there but i dont like

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i choose pokerstars its difficult but they have more experience better software they have a lot of freerolls but FTP i dont like the image i dont have play a lot there but i dont like

Don´t worry, FullTilt is now owned by PokerStars :icon_sunn so ist totally risk free

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe, at least FT has beginner tables for cash game and sng´s. I don´t know, if Stars has those...

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rush poker FTP
tournament PS
Sit and Go ehhhhh idk both lol

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don´t worry, FullTilt is now owned by PokerStars :icon_sunn so ist totally risk free
That is what I worry about.The two largest poker rooms owned by one boss.Then there were be no competition which good to us customer.

C

CPO_Kim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I pick PS since it makes me more relax so I could concentrate. FTP sometimes make me go on tilt.

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
even though FTP banned my chat and i hate it in some ways, i still play there cause i like playing there, the software is cool and i like the cartoon silly avatars, both are great sites, i would just add that Stars has more traffic and FTP sometimes has no action on razz or other not as popular of games, FTP i also notice the competition is slightly weaker at times but then again you can bumhunt on Stars as well just easier to do it on FTP

G

gjpa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PS I guess, more players, good frerolls, same companys, and his software is more friendly for the user

N

Nylan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ps , but there are also better players ( and f*king fishes)

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always liked FT better because of the software.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
play on both and after awhlle you will prefer one over the other...i personally like both sites, i usually play all the cash games on stars since there are more tables but then i play games like 10-game, 8-game, horse on FT because i think the site looks nicer therefore more enjoyable....stars is abit bland visually but the gameplay is perfect as is full tilt...

You need to customise your table Alfie. Actually I shouldn't talk, I been meaning to create a custom table on stars for a while and haven't done it yet.

To the OP, stars has a much larger player pool. Go with them.