Problems with Bodog... anyone else?

L

LizRox19

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bodog has been crashing on me ever since the "new" version came out. It hasnt really affected too much other than autofolding aces once i was logged back in and didnt have time to react.... until today. i was sitting in a 35+3 shorthand sng table and was drawing to a straight and flush (and possibly a straight flush) when bodog crashed on me as the other guy pushed. i would have called for sure, i had him covered in chips and he could have had on me is top/2 pair.

Bodogs replies to my emails are typical... but it irritating because they insist i should call them so they can help with my "internet connection" and they can help me "optimize my connectivity". i have seen several people complain about it during games, one person at that same table had it happen to them.

Has anyone else had this problem with bodog lately?? thank god im playing with freeroll money and not my own. i will probably never deposit due to this fact. sorry guys, just venting. back to my more urgent problems lol

Rebecky27

Rebecky27

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not just me, then?

Yes, I've been having many problems with bodog. I thought it was just my computer/connection. Bodog seems to run sooo slow...then just freezes right up.
I had a few other programs run slow lately, so we just reinstalled windows and cleaned up the computer. Haven't had a chance to play since, so we'll see if the problem persists.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has anyone else have this problem: If I get disconnected, then reconnect, Bodog will say my auto-fold option is turned on. When, I turn it off, it still auto-folds my hands even if I had turned it off. There have been times where I come back after a DC, have AA or KK in late position with lots of action...and it autofolds me. LOL. I have actually close and reopen Bodog. Its pretty annoying.

kesza

kesza

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i had this problem once on AP with a fullhouse and once not too long ago but I dont remember where, maybe it was a freeroll just.
I don't know exactly but I think it has to be some connection and/or memory problem. A clean up will surely help a little bit and turning off downloads. And yes, Bodog is very slow and have hardware demands..

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Had that problem many times, happened a couple weeks ago week late in a cash tourney when I was deep in a big pot holding what I'm sure was the nuts, A high flush, last card to come and the program lost connection. Autofolded me on the river.:mad: It froze right after that so I had to reboot to get back in the game but by then the blinds and that pot had taken it's toll on my chips.

Had to play extra tight but I made it back and won the game.

Also have issues with their freerolls. For some reason I've had it auto rebuy 5 times now. I never rebuy in these and make sure the auto rebuy box is never checked, Bodog says it has something to do with connectivity and won't refund when their systems screws up. Used to love playing that game every night but I won't play it any more.

woodwidgeon

woodwidgeon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have had very few problems with software, I've called them several times on other matters & there phone response is the best of any other site. They are very helpful on all matters. You should call them they have techs to help you.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone else have this problem: If I get disconnected, then reconnect, Bodog will say my auto-fold option is turned on. When, I turn it off, it still auto-folds my hands even if I had turned it off. There have been times where I come back after a DC, have AA or KK in late position with lots of action...and it autofolds me. LOL. I have actually close and reopen Bodog. Its pretty annoying.

I have had this problem, too. Although the autofold box is not checked, you can select autofold and then un-select it and the problem is fixed. Irritating, though, to have your hands folded without the box showing.

pokerjdud

pokerjdud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok heres the deal, i play a bodog all the time, when you get disconnected, your on auto fold regardless, even if it snot checked...jsut check and then uncheck hte box...as far as software, if you are having connection problems, go to the site, click where it says download bodog or whatever says, but DONT delete your original copy off your comp...then if you still have problems with your connection, its definitely on YOUR side.

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Have had very few problems with software, I've called them several times on other matters & there phone response is the best of any other site. They are very helpful on all matters. You should call them they have techs to help you.

I have, they are usually great service. Last time the guy was rude right from the start of the call. Been playing there for 4+ years. As for their claim to it being my connection problem then why wouldn't I have connection problems on the 6 other poker sites I play at? I have yet to have that problem with any of the other sites.

I will say they have the softest tables IMO...

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have had this problem, too. Although the autofold box is not checked, you can select autofold and then un-select it and the problem is fixed. Irritating, though, to have your hands folded without the box showing.
I did that and it still automucked my hands. It continued to automuck until i finally restarted bodog.

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada