Poker site layouts

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it just me or do others find it unnecessary that the tables we look at online have the shape or "feel" of a real table?

I play on Stars, UB, FT and bodog. Have played on AP in the past and Party when it still took US players.

Personally I would love it if the sites would all have the option like UB to miniview the tables. Instead of a box it's a nice long skinny window, easy to arrange on the screen. You can play there and at other sites without any real difficulty.

I have problems when I'm playing on FT and Stars, doing more than 2 ring games or tourneys at the same time and I have a 19" monitor. It just seems so much easier to have the miniview version.

What's others opinions?

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess we just have differing opinions on this. I like having the "feel" of a real table, and the avatars make it a little more fun too.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it just me or do others find it unnecessary that the tables we look at online have the shape or "feel" of a real table?

I agree. I rather liked the older (ie.before the latest update) Bodog, because it was clear, simple and diagrammatic.

I can see the value of graphics when they reach the level of PKR, where you can tailor your own avatar and where what you see is genuinely interesting and varied, but the great majority of sites fall in between and are not realistic enough to be worthwhile nor simple enough to be pleasing.