Poker rooms usa

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why people from united states can play in sites like bovada and carbon poker but cant play on pokerstars and full tilt poker. Whatever the reason is it seems very contradictory to me. isnt usa the land of the freedom?

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why people from united states can play in sites like bovada and carbon poker but cant play on pokerstars and full tilt poker. Whatever the reason is it seems very contradictory to me. isnt usa the land of the freedom?

DoJ shut them down from us. Yes, basically our government is greedy and they want their dime for them operating on their territory, that is what I see it coming down too. I do think the whole Full Tilt scandal played into this as well.

D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not actually legal to deposit money on bovada or carbon..

D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Caus Pokerstars and full tilt have decided they want nothing to do with the US market to get back in the good grace of the DOJ.. So if online poker is ever legalized again in the US market they will be the international sites permitted to have a presence in America

burgdogky

burgdogky

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not actually legal to deposit money on bovada or carbon..

It's not Illegal to deposit money on this sites, however it's illegal for the sites to accept monies from the USA. There is a lot of grey on this issue, which is why these are able to operate.