Is Poker Nordica closing?

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heard a rumor that Poker Nordica is closing, just in time for the first day of April. Coincidence?

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where did you hear it specifically?

**This letter was posted by one player Thursday

Hi

We unfortunately need to close down Poker Nordica from April 1th 2012!

If you have any funds in your Poker Nordica account, you can visit the URL on the client login screen. This will take you to a page where you can login to the Poker Nordica cashier and request a withdrawal.

Alternatively, if you have another active account within the Merge Network and would like your balance transferred over, please email support@pokernordica.com and give them your alternate account details and they will arrange the transfer.

We wish all our players the best in the future!

Regards,

Poker Nordica

**On March 23rd, RakeTheRake said they could not recommend playing at Poker Nordica anymore, but they did not specify the reasons. I know they had a problem with a January Rakerace. We are about to send an email out advising players to change site... The service has just dropped off the face of the earth!

**Letter from RakeMeBack
Poker Nordica: Poker Nordica in Turmoil
February 24, 2012
After a period with lack of communication it has become obvious for pretty much everyone involved with them that not everything is right at Poker Nordica. Today, the site has communicated the fact that they had a lot to suffer at the hands of the stronger Merge operations and the current state of affairs was unmanageable as far as they were concerned.

The sudden departure of the brand manager of the operation, together with the CEO of the poker room has left the site in quite a tight spot.

Poker Nordica’s remaining staff is now in the process of assessing the site’s position, and they’re at crossroads, looking to determine in which direction the operation will move forward. Poker Nordica hasn’t paid some of its players since January, so the top priority currently is to settle those debts and to keep the operation alive.

Last edited:
MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had something weird there with my 1st deposit end of last year, I deposit $20 and got $20 free(instant bonus money not available for withdraw) wich was some kind of promo,I played a bit and won some and did cash it out.
When I would do this I would lose that $20 bonus money wich is totally normal. So I left it in my account, cashed out. Looked back the next day, and the bonus money was turned into real money with no restrictions anymore :) Also did get my cashout.

Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got that same email, i have less than $10 on there anyway so its not a big loss.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wishful thinking, but I'm still hoping this is someone's twisted idea of an April Fools joke. You know a business isn't going to be stupid enough to perpetrate something like that on itself. Maybe some fool got hold of their address list? If business decreases or disappears at PN, the other Merge sites stand to gain. Call me naieve...

witchywitchy

witchywitchy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not receive the email.... but the few I know that did where non-US players.

Always the cynic my first thought verifying email addresses before selling the list

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
closing

Im a usa player and I recieved the same email,saying poker nordica was closing april 1,also..no biggy,tho,i dont play there and have plenty of merge sites.I don't know whats going on tho.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Nordica is closed

April 2, 2012 Poker Nordica software prompts user to go to cashier and request withdrawal.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just letting people know that the withdrawal I made on Fri. arrived in my e-wallet this morning.

L

luckyhearts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tried launching nordica today, got the closed message. They tell you to to to https//pokernordica.mergecashier.com and submit your withdrawal. (I did)

now the scary part....go to that web page, look at the words next to the PokerNordica logo...

"HE WHO HESITATES IS LOST"

I am not making this up! go look for yourself lol

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Nordica players have until May 1st to login to the cashier and initiate a withdrawal of their funds. Unfortunately, the poker room’s minimum balance required to receive a check is $115 ($100 minimum transaction plus a $15 fee), so those with small amounts of money on deposit will not be able to receive their money directly from Poker Nordica.

There is an option for players with not enough funds for a check withdrawal. Poker Nordica will facilitate balance transfers to other sites on the Merge Poker Network. The destination accounts must be “active,” so players without an account elsewhere will need to open one first; the poker rooms will not do this for them. Players interested in transferring their balances can e-mail support@pokernordica.com

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nordica closing..

Actually,I believe more merge sites will be closing soon too.Theres just too many of them that nobody hardly plays.

W

wildspeaker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone been able to cash out a serious amount yet (1000$+)? And if so how long has this taken?

Regards,

Wildspeaker

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Nordica update

I contacted another Merge site requesting help with a funds transfer from Poker Nordica, which I preferred over a payout. I was informed of the following:

Thank you for contacting us.
PokerNordica will no longer be closing down and they will still be providing service. Therefore, the transfer will not be processed. If you have any additional questions please contact them for further information.

I fired up the PNordica software, received an update, and can verify that as of this post the site is back up and running.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I contacted another Merge site requesting help with a funds transfer from Poker Nordica, which I preferred over a payout. I was informed of the following:

Thank you for contacting us.
PokerNordica will no longer be closing down and they will still be providing service. Therefore, the transfer will not be processed. If you have any additional questions please contact them for further information.

I fired up the PNordica software, received an update, and can verify that as of this post the site is back up and running.

Pretty horrible marketing plan if this is true. Even if they are in business, the +EV, intelligent move is to:

--Withdraw Funds or P2P Transfer Funds
--Take those funds and put them on Carbon, or Black Chip Poker so you can still play on largest US Network

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In defense of Nordica, I've never had problems cashing out, aside from one slow pay. Support has been helpful at all points. I still plan to play there, I just wanna know what's going on right now behind the scenes.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you take the chance of playing there after all the things that have happened last few months with the site, including top rakeback site telling players they can not support them, then it is completely on you.

You were more than adequately warned.

Way too suspicious acts going on here. More than concerning.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Correct me if I'm wrong - Merge handles cashouts for the network?

W

wildspeaker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I still get the message that it is closed. Even if it did reopen though im pretty sure almost no one would play anymore. They know this so if they reopen it would be a very bad sign (they would be giving people false sense of security).

I have been through a few more poker sites closing. Havent seen a dime of my money back when it happened and I dont expect to get my money back here. They may not openly admit it but they are closing because they have financial trouble. Think about it why would they close their site if everything is going well?

Also the last site I lost money at due to closing said it had trouble with the network and was moving. Of course they never did and a year later I still didnt have my money.

I hope I am wrong here but I wouldnt expect to get my money back too much (probably not at all) because you are most likely gonna get very disappointed. They may process some small withdrawals like the other sites did for a while and then stop alltogether. I wouldnt even be surprised as they keep excepting deposits (I deposited myself on march 30th when I didnt know this stuff yet. WHY would u let me deposit if you know the site is closing in 2 days).

Sorry for the harsh look on things, but again this is based on experience. I wish I could say I had gotten back my money in even one of those events but so far the 5 times I had a site crash on me I have not had anything back.

Regards

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I fire up the client, I still see the screen that says the site is closed. As for the possibility it will reopen, maybe it will be folded into another site, like Reefer becoming part of FeltStars not that long ago, which involved Merge sites.

elwood

elwood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the site is closed at this time. i dont have enough in my account to cash out by check,
so i emailed their support to transfer the cash to black chip poker.
ill update this when i hear something

Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I havent played there in a while. Does anyone know what they are going to do with the points?