New PS software feature

topper39

topper39

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all,
In latest software update, pokerstars have added new feature indicating when you're playing on tablet or mobile. A small icon in bottom left corner of the seat appears when you're using mobile devices to play.
The thing is that, in my opinion, it is quite abusable as mostly recreational players use these devices to play. I assume this because it's impossible to multi-table using these. So it is a perfect tool to spot not so experienced players without even need of playing a single hand against them.
It is possible to switch this indicator off in the lobby. This "everyone's choice" possibility is making it acceptable in my view. It would be different if it was compulsory. I would be strongly against then.
On the other hand, it actually looks cool and, to be honest, I like it - as long as I'll be able to switch it off.
What are your opinions about it? Do you agree or am I just overrating trifles? :)

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can play 4 tables on PS App (?) Anyway yea, If you see that someone is playing on smartphone or tablet in SNG you can think its recreational player, but in MTTs it doesnt matter that much.

But still, never underestimate your opponent if you dont have any read on him :)

topper39

topper39

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can play 4 tables on PS app (?) Anyway yea, If you see that someone is playing on smartphone or tablet in SNG you can think its recreational player, but in MTTs it doesnt matter that much.

But still, never underestimate your opponent if you dont have any read on him :)

I always thought that it's possible to play just one table on PS app. I'm not sure though. To be honest, I never tried to add another table as it wouldn't be very comfortable to multi-table on small smartphone screen. I can't even imagine how it would work but you may be right. I'm really not sure, it is just my supposition..

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play 6 tables on my tablet..

SANDYHOOKER KY

SANDYHOOKER KY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To make a distinction of whether a player is recreational or not because he or she plays on a mobile device is completely crazy. Phil Ivey plays on a mobile device, do you consider him a fish or recreational player?

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is a measure to promote the play on mobile phones and such.
Because the regs often multi tabling on "real" computers or laptops, these symbols show indeed the more recreational players.

W

wizz__

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know, i don`t think that the software of showing who is playing from mobile un ipad, is not an indocator how good the player is, i think it is more about the thing, they(ps) just want something new, to keep ps popular... It always upgrades with softwares , sometimes i like them , sometimes not, but this thing about mobile is Ok in my opinion.

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do not know if this good or bad the logo is seen next to the player, and I'm really not sure if the tablet or playing with smartp .. whether a beginner or a fish .. but probably has options should be easy to remove in the logo as the status level

C

chipicao

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes I play on smartphone micros SNG's or MTT just for recreational. why not.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see the point of the icon.
I really don't care what they are using.

topper39

topper39

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is a measure to promote the play on mobile phones and such.
Because the regs often multi tabling on "real" computers or laptops, these symbols show indeed the more recreational players.

Yea, I agree. It's main purpose probably should be to promote using portable devices. And I'm amazed of how many people actually play using these. It is quite surprising for me that often even more than half of the players at the table are playing on smartphones or tablets.

topper39

topper39

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To make a distinction of whether a player is recreational or not because he or she plays on a mobile device is completely crazy. Phil Ivey plays on a mobile device, do you consider him a fish or recreational player?

I'm not saying it applies to all. It does not. And I wouldn't rely on it at all. But don't you think that majority of guys using these are recreational? (because regs simply use more effecient devices to their grind imo).

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw moneymaker playing on phone,maybe he was on toilet seat:)

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have tried playing multitable on my ipad.It is simple.And I took it seriously,not for recreation.

Sent from my SM-N9002 using Tapatalk 2