My lesson learned an applied

Amut

Amut

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I’m scrolling through the 5/10 free chips on Full Tilt and see a red highlighted line so of course I’m intrigued. It’s a pro playing. Looks like a lot of railbirds cuz the chat is packed and the waiting list is maxed at 255.

So I just sit back and watch the chat and gonna study the pro.

I notice that every time he’s on the button he raises. Even after the flop hed push if everybody checked. And I saw most times everybody folded. One time he had a reraise and the pro folded.

I’m fairly new to poker so I never really knew what “position” meant. Well of course I kinda knew what it meant but after seeing this pro work it I REALLY understood it.

So I’m out and about had a DR. appt and decided to go to the local card room after cuz Its been just internet play solid 8 hrs a day last 30 days and my eyes are buggin real good. Sit down with $20 and DON’T post, and just watch the players till the blinds come. Boy nice to have tells and I picked up on a lot very fast.

I notice this one player always plays every ace no matter what the kicker is. So bout 2 hours go by and can you belive it I haven’t lost a hand yet?!

I played the pros methed with raising on the button bout 2 times with good cards and had one show down and won, but this last time listen to this;

On the button with K 10 clubs family pot of limpers. I raise and lose bout half of players. Flop comes A 8 9 rainbow one club.

Everybody checks, so I bet

1 caller, the guy playing A rag all the time. I’m thinking Zhit I’m way behind.

Turn comes cant remember what it is but no help to me, he checks, I look at him as I bet, figure only way to win is to bet at it. Haven’t lost yet so I’m ready for a loss here. He reluctantly calls. Kinda figity like he don’t know what to do.

So I’m convinced now he‘s holding weak ace.

River comes and again I only remember that it wasn’t a K and no flush no straight.

Again he checks. I’m sure I had to show a sign cuz my heart is pumping big time as this time I announce “bet” and push chips in the pot. Figured I pushed all this way my last chance at winning this pot.

He says “FOLD” can you frickin believe it! I take a big breath cuz I haven’t taken one in bout 2 min and say “good cuz I totally missed” as I show him my cards. He was furious! He had a weak ace just as I thought. He went on tilt after that and lost the rest his chips.

I took down bout a $50 pot that I should have lost! I soon left after that cuz I had to get going but left a hundo up in bout 2 hrs playing $2/$4 hold’em. Without losing to a showdown.

2 things here:
Quit playing A rags. Cuz it’s a tough decision.
I actually learned something watching a pro on Full Tilt! My game improved that much more!
True story.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was a great story. Congrats on the win and for the things you picked up and used to your advantage. Observation is such a key thing, it can't be dimissed. This is why it's so true that you should be involved in every hand even after your fold.

I took down about a $50 pot that I earned!
FYP

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting story. Well done on observing the pro and applying some of his techniques to your own game. Keep learning and you will earn lots more pots. :D GL