Merge Network (Carbon etc)

J

JamesGodfrey

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
which is the best poker room on the merge network at the moment in your oppinion.

JamesGodfrey

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not sure I understand the question, JG. Is there some significant difference between one and another ?

idlehands80

idlehands80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its my understanding that they are all the same except for the theme of the software. the only other difference may be the private freerolls.

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
only significant difference is the deposit bonuses that some of the skins may have, and as idlehands said, private freerolls.

J

JamesGodfrey

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, so which poker room is the most reputable company, one that is here to stay that isnt going to go bust... etc...

Also could you tell me what this poker room is like for tournament players is it worth depositing on there or not....

I have been looking at Online Poker - Play online poker games and tournaments at Aced Poker is that any good as a reputable company...???
Thanks

JamesGodfrey

Last edited:
ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it looks like its a merge site? personally i would stick with carbon. you cant go wrong there.

R

rodpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that Carbon has more private games. I transfered my BR from Poker.com awhile back and am happy having done so. Carbon appears to be where most forums prefer to have their games also. These are just my opinions though.

J

JamesGodfrey

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can someone please tell me what the deal is with comp point on Carbon Poker...

It says for the inital deposit bonus $10 will be released for every 2500 comp points earned....

How much rake etc is 2500 comp points, for both cash games and tournaments

Thanks

JamesGodfrey

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as tournaments go, it tells you the comp points for each tourney in the lobby, a $5 +50c fee = 35 comp points, it works out to 70 points for a $11 tournament, so you can figure 70 points for each $1 of rake. :D

J

JamesGodfrey

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so they need approx $35 in tournaments, in order to give you $10 of your bonus... how long is it until this bonus expires if you know...

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The expiry date appears in your account details, I do know it's easy to clear, check out the level of stakes played in ring games and then look how many ppl qualify for the $2k $5k and $20 freerolls through earning points. Play 10c 20c limit omaha h/l, easy peasy.

FatBasset

FatBasset

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can someone please tell me what the deal is with comp point on Carbon Poker...

It says for the inital deposit bonus $10 will be released for every 2500 comp points earned....

How much rake etc is 2500 comp points, for both cash games and tournaments

Thanks

JamesGodfrey

If you play the .10/.25 NL tables you get 3 comp points per raked hand whether you are in the pot or not

J

JamesGodfrey

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That aced.com offer a 200% bonus up to $500, this looks like a better offer than Carbon, plus they have an 'Outs' promotion which you get Comp Point for weird things like, bubbling in a sit and go = 25 comp points, winning two sit and go's on the trot = 100 comp points etc, dont know whether or not these comp points count towards the bonus... if they do its a great promo when you are a new player....

It also says that they are introducing reload bonuses soon for existing members....

To be honest Aced looks like a positive and up and coming poker room with a lot of potential...

J

JamesGodfrey

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry made a mistake on the Above aced offer a 200% bonus up to $1,000, and for every 15,000 comp points earned they will give you $50 of your bonus...

This does sound better than Carbon Poker 100% bonus up to $500, which they give you $10 for every 2,500 comp points earned.

Your thoughts???

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it may be appealing short term with their bonus, but for long term stability i would still stick with carbon. what i mean is and this may sound like a bit of a contradiction of my earlier post, but basically im not worried about carbon being around in a year, or two years. some of these others skins, like aced, the poker community, walker, and some others, may or may not be here in a year or two. anyone who had money on jungle, wingows, etc, can relate to this. if you decide to go with aced, i would clear the deposit bonus, and get most if not all your money off there. i would not recommend leaving too much on any new site.