Marathon session tonight

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After getting properly rolled for nl10 by SNG means (balla!), I'll be logging in the hands like crazy tonight and probably won't be stoping until I manage 5 buy-ins or more or collapse from exhaustion. I'll probably also be ratholing if at any point the money at one table exceeds 25% of my original BR (yeah, I know, gamboooool). I'll be 4 tabling.

Stop loss is also set at 5 buy-ins, in wich case I'll regrind myself back using the turbos (wich shouldn't be too long considering I'll have some FPPs to spare too).

I'll post updates of great hands when/if some happen (wich will undoubtedly happen).

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having a hard time scratching that itch eh?

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What itch ? If you're talking about the itch of finally having time to play poker and log some hands in, yeah, that's the itch ;)

I you're talking about the itch of growing my BR insanely fast, I'd say no. I would be registering for huge donkaments if that were the case, it's just that I'm getting tire of grinding the turbos and want to mix it up a bit. Plus, I have all night to do it and I have a bet with a friend that I can't win 5 buy-in in a session.

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Update:

Running pretty damn good, getting the cards and having them hold up (except for a few gutshots, sets hitting, but that's standard). I'm 500 hands in wich is pretty much nothing for people used to multitable cash but I'm not, especially not 6-max wich I'm playing.

I'm up 3 buy-ins now, wich is unsustainable (or is it?) and I've made one big mistake. I'll have some question about hand histories later. Right now, taking a break and will resume three tabling (4 is a bit too much right now methinks without poker tracker). Also made some good (ie. not foolish) thin river bets and calls wich was a very huge hole in my game in NL before, not that it matters all that much at nl10.

Thought I would rake FPPs but I'm so not getting anywhere with these tiny pots. I want my Moneymake medalion damnit!

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New update:

Cracked 800 hands and I'm too tired to still play good plus I'm somewhat tilting due to suckouts: nothing bad, but I'm not gonna push it. I know, 800 is wimpy, but 6-max really is more taxing than full ring since you are seeing way more flop, stealing more and making more postflop decisions (wich are the real decisions).

Up 2 buy-ins overall wich is really short of my target 5 but, oh well, at least I'm up for the session and had a good time.

Oh, and overall, running at around 4bb/100 hands wich is so, so really. But since I got stacked three times when my KK ran into A3 (wich paired), KK ran into rivered backdoorflush when both all-in preflop (againt TT) and KK against A7 also AI preflop, well that could've well been 8 or 9. Well, you can't win them all and sample size is still very, very, very small.

Last edited:
Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, you got stacked 3 times, but *still* ended up 2 buy-ins over 800 hands. Those 3 times you got stacked, you lost with KK all 3 times. What were the 5 times that you doubled up through someone else?

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't get stacked with the full buy-in in every KK hand, in fact, I think in two of them, I was at 50bb, so that's only one buy-in. I doubled through two players when I got AA and flopped top set that turned a full house giving two people trips: lucky, but what can you do ;), I was ahead the whole time.

It was a swingy session for sure, but most of my money was made from people calling my button raises and folding to the c-bet (sometimes both blinds). I swear that I was probably stealing or squeezing once every orbit on almost every table and it worked a good 75%+. Plus, my aggro play in position meant that my big hands got action no matter what and people were willing to take a shot at me, sometimes calling my rive rbets with Q high, etc.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't get stacked with the full buy-in in every KK hand, in fact, I think in two of them, I was at 50bb

i'd recommend reloading to 100bb or at least staying near it, as often as you can. i can practically guarantee you're better than the majority of the players at that limit, so you're often throwing EV away by playing with a shorter stack

Insomniac_1006

Insomniac_1006

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fell asleep, how did you do?

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'd recommend reloading to 100bb or at least staying near it, as often as you can. i can practically guarantee you're better than the majority of the players at that limit, so you're often throwing EV away by playing with a shorter stack

Will do, another thing that you don't learn by playing sit n folds :)

And to Insomniac, aren't you supposed NOT to fall asleep. (PS: I did semi-okay).

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played a good 800 hands today also and ran/played real, real, real bad at the very start but managed to pull out with a 8$ win after my some of my big hands got payed off and not outdrawned. Lost also to a set versus set and to top set that didn't fill againt a flopped straight.

Still remained agressive and on my game after taking a break at hand 200 or so. 3 tabling instead of 4 now since I play better this way.

Standard but still trying to cure myself from FPS. Gonna read tenbob's article on nl10 again.