FOR THE LOVE OF POKER

XPOKERCHIC

XPOKERCHIC

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
First I want to say that I am tired of people calling me a donkey. I try to play a good game no matter what the buy-in amount. I learned from a friend if you play poorly for free you will most likely play poorly for money. I see his point. We call him the "Professor", because he really thinks through the pot odd, opponents hand possibilities by the preflop betting and other factors during almost every hand. I try very hard to play premium hands but when forced by blinds to play 2/7 (I can definitely fold that to a raise or raise by position). I am being called a fish, donkey and several other names that I don't feel I deserve. If I have pocket aces and someone raises and I reraise the table calls be a chip bully. For the Love of Poker! I can't win for losing. I looked at my stats and it says fish beside my name, mostly because I get unlucky with the most unbelievable suck outs of all time. My hands hold up about 20% of the time in a tourney even a boat got crushed on the river by quads. I don't mind the beats that is normal, but when I win a hand I get taughted and called names. What is the problem guys? If it did not have a win/lose factor it would not be called gambling. Well just felt I had to tell everyone here that I, XPOKERCHIC, is not a donkey. Everyone gets lucky with QQ vs AA sometimes in their lifetime and if I knew what every opponent had I would know to fold the lesser hand everytime. LOL
smile.gif
. I think I will leave my bank on PokerStars where it is for know and just take a break from online play. I am getting to hate the game more than I ever loved it and the people that I play with. I'm not a professional and even they have a bad run, but I cannot tolerate being called donkey because I sucked out once or twice. If I had a dollar for every suckout vs being suckedout on would I be rich? Or would I be in the hole? So think about the love of the game and the jackass that just stopped you from getting to the money for the one hundredth time and say, "Do I really love Poker this much?". DAMN RIGHT I DO! No matter what anyone says I will continue to play the game and keep my love of the game in my heart and soul. So anyone I meet on the felts, look out for the donkey!

Last edited by a moderator:
burton_boy

burton_boy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know there is a very simple solution for this, if the comments really get to you that much just turn off your chat feature. If you pay attention it is usually only one or two people who are being abusive with the feature. If it gets really bad you can also inform support and possibly implement a chat ban on the other player.

Like you said people do get lucky, if these other players are calling you a fish for having 7-2 in the BB and getting lucky I would be more inclined to call them the donkey, I mean really no one is going to fold when they are getting a free look at the flop. And if QQ beats AA like it should almost 20% of the time well hell thats poker. If the best hand always won it wouldn't be nearly as fun to play. There would be a bunch of rocks at the table folding everything but AA/KK, I for one would not enjoy that.

Stick to your game and try not to let the comments affect you, who cares what some one else says anyways, they are just words. I would advise listening to your friend in the sense that every game should be taken seriously whether it is play or real money. Stick around here for a while, get involved, posting some HH's to discuss, and reading some strategy articles and you will notice how much it helps your game.

P

pachvd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don´t get worry about it...

Everyone at the tables thinks they are the greates poker player ever... They think they know everything about Poker and always doing the best move on every hand they play... lol.

U dont need an Ace to make a bet, a raise or an all-in move.
Neither u need to have the best starting hand to see the flop.
I have seen lots of professionals even on wsop that ocasionally see the flop with 63o or 72s and they win big pots.

But they are aware of the situation and they know how to beat the other guys regardless (sorry... is that the word? I am meaning-> it doesnt care) the cards they are holding, they know the right moment or move to beat them.

And that was learned with lots of hands played and making lots of mistakes and lots of suck outs. They didn´t started playing with the best strategy always.

Doyle Brunson says he makes 20% of his moves on a poker sesion wrong (can u believe that ? Mr. Doyle Brunson!!!)

So.. let it go, u are learning how to beat the game, and it takes time, and patience and lots of practice.

So.. dont worry anymore and have fun at the tables, thats why are u playing poker, and every time you can, go to the strategy and read it again, maybe you can find where your game is leaking and improve your game.

Hope I helped you out
Take care
Pach

Wild Rivers

Wild Rivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
XPOKERCHIC, you have discovered something I've always been amazed at about online poker, that being the phenomenon that the lower the stakes, the bigger the expert many players feel they are. I concur with burton_boy...just turn off the chat and have fun!

XPOKERCHIC

XPOKERCHIC

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the kind words of wisdom. I am starting to read the strategy guides here and will most definitely be posting some questions for the pros here.