Looking for new site after extensive trial and error

K

Kinkikos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've tried about 40 online poker sites and given up on most of them, so I'm wondering if someone here can suggest either a new site or one that deserves a second look. I need to build a bankroll through freerolls and have encountered the following issues:

1) Satellite to satellite to satellite with punishing prize structure (Pstars)

2) "Freerolls" that you have to buy into with comp points earned playing cash games (Doyle's)

3) Freerolls that fill up 15 seconds after registration opens (several sites)

4) Freerolls where you have to make a deposit to be eligible (Party)

5) Freerolls with insane prize structures (260 winners out of 12,000 entrants as on Dream Poker)

6) Pitbull Poker, where I likely can't cash out.

If there are any sites that don't feature these problems, please let me know.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I built my bankroll from freerolls on Titan (iPoker network), but I'm not sure what they're like now.

They used to have relatively few entrants (~500) and decent paying structures, and just like any other site you had to play a certain number of hands before you could withdraw any winnings, but not an excessive amount.

C

Craized

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bodog is pretty good, they have $500 and $1000 freerolls a couple times daily. 3500 people max. with 63 places paying in the $500 and 5000 people max with 99 places paying in the $1000, they don't fill up quick at all. I've been told you don't need to deposit before you can cash out

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After someone tries 40 sites and isn't pleased with any, there might not be anything out there that'll do the trick for them.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
costadelpoker.com
loads of freerolls, but no us players(boo!)

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bodog is probably the best for freerolls. But, if you wanna build up a br from freerolls then i suggest mainly playing private freerolls, like the ones here at cc. The field is usally alot smaller and the payout better in private freerolls.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UB has semi frequent cash (not satty) freerolls that you should have no problem getting into. The money isn't a lot, but you don't have to beat 12k people either....

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think about what you're going to do with the money after you've won it in the freeroll too - chances are you're only going to have a couple of bucks: what games does the site offer you at those stakes to build with?

Full Tilt is hard work in this respect: the cheapest game you can get into is $1.25. I haven't tried other places, but I believe pokerstars offers more low-stakes options once you actually cash in a freeroll?

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Settled with....

I've tried loads of sites like you. Eventually I have settled with playing Bodog, Pokerstars, Full Tilt, and Gutshot (microgaming). I still flirt with Ultimate Bet from time to time.

Out of those I would definitely recommend Bodog as the site for you based on your requirement. Very good money and easy to register free-rolls. And e-mail them to get into their new player invitational. Place top 5 in this and they will effectively triple your first deposit and it is available to use instantly. No having to clear it first. Microgaming sites also have loads of free-rolls, Gutshot even gave me $5 in my account to celebrate their birthday the other week and I have never even deposited with them, just free-roll winnings! I thought that was a very nice touch.

Stay away from Titan and the other clones on that network. Poor value tournaments and the worst service I've come across.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think about what you're going to do with the money after you've won it in the freeroll too - chances are you're only going to have a couple of bucks: what games does the site offer you at those stakes to build with?

Full Tilt is hard work in this respect: the cheapest game you can get into is $1.25. I haven't tried other places, but I believe PokerStars offers more low-stakes options once you actually cash in a freeroll?

Again I have to recommend UB. They have $0.50 sit-n-gos that have only a $0.05 rake (10% standard, unlike the whopping 25% you pay at FT). You can play 6 handed games, 100 seaters, and almost everything in between.

S

Seneku

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've build my bankroll from freeroll winning at Poker4Ever. It lets you cash out even if you haven't depositted, they have sng's from 10 cents and up and over 10% gets paid in the freerolls. It's also possible to play limit 0,05/0,1 and the competition is quite soft.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Again I have to recommend Ultimatebet. They have $0.50 sit-n-gos that have only a $0.05 rake (10% standard, unlike the whopping 25% you pay at FT). You can play 6 handed games, 100 seaters, and almost everything in between.

I'll have to check them out - thanks. What are their freerolls like?

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll have to check them out - thanks. What are their freerolls like?

They have a "step" type one, where the top 30 places get entry to the $1,000 weekly event, but the top 18 also win actual money for the tournament. Depending on the time of day it can be anywhere from 1500 to 4800 players. Like I said, not great, but it's not 12k to get through either.

They also have regular cash guarantee ones ($100 or $50), as well as satty steps to big b&m tourney's like Aruba.

K

Kennyseven

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Time Poker (Previously the GAMING CLUB) has three 500 dollar freerolls that run daily and three 250 dollar stud daily. Traffic is pretty heavy during the day (alot of European players) But at 8:30pm and 1pm eastern time expect about 2000 to 4000 people in the freeroll.
Sometimes less.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Creating a BR from freeroll's only is a long, tedious process on ANY site. I have never made a cash deposit on either of the two sites I play, Pokerstars and FullTilt. I have small BR's on each one, strictly from freeroll cashes.

It can be done. They recently completed the 'Ferguson challenge' on FullTilt. It took Chris approx a year and a half to make a $10,000 BR starting from $0, playing nothing but FR's to start.

One of the hard parts is BR management. It is SOOoo tempting to let that dollar BR burn a hole in your felt and donk it off too fast. Sit on your winnings and let the BR build til you can play cash games, ring or MTT's, without risking more than 10% of your BR (preferably not more than 5%).

Yes, it means more patience. First you have to be patient playing your good hands, then dig deep for more patience to hold onto your BR.

If you play private or forum sponsored FR's on Pokerstars and can build a small BR, they do have 10c, 25c and 50cent micro tourns (no rakes) several times a day. The dimers aren't too bad because they are turbo NLHE and go quick. A lot of donkey-dodging, but it beats the heck out of their standard FR's where you have to get into the top 24 or 27 to win a ticket to yet ANOTHER 2,400+ entrant MTT to even get close to cashing.

GL - May the Felt be with You.

BOOGIEMAN

BOOGIEMAN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can consider Carbon Poker too. When you sign-up there, you'll have access to freerolls next two weeks. If you fail to earn any money there, you can switch to any other of three sites from Merge Gaming Network ... you'll get again 14 day access to freerolls. :D

Although, I would rather recommend you to deposit 10$ on pokerstars or ultimatebet, and play micro-stakes games :rolleyes:

N

nicolas65

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bodog is a good bet. soft games and easy interface.