IP Test at PS......

RickH2005

RickH2005

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't know where to put this so I put it here---Please move it if it doesn't belong here---but at PS there is a $50 buy-in under their FRs----1)What IS an 'IP Test?' 2) Why would they put a buy in under their FRs? Last I knew, IP=Internet Provider?????

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have they spelt IQ wrong? lol :p

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IP usually means "internet protocol." I'm not sure what you're asking really, how does "IP Test" relate to the tournament you're talking about?

When you do an "IP test" you're typically testing your connection. The "provider" is usually shortened "ISP" (Internet Service Provider).

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I noticed it yesterday. Don't know what it stands for, but it's internal. Did you notice the player? And Isle of Man is where pokerstars is physically located. If you click on 'register', you need a special ticket plus the $50.

Attachments

• IP Test at PS.JPG
    IP Test at PS.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
P

pokerjes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i emailed support about it and this is what they sent back

Attachments

• Untitledgg.jpg
    Untitledgg.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 3
eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok good to know I guess, but what in the heck does this have to do with the OP's mention of IP test?

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
eNTy said:
Ok good to know I guess, but what in the heck does this have to do with the OP's mention of IP test?

Look at the screenshot above, the tourney is called IP test, just above where is says tournament will start, it looks like it is an internal test of PokerStars mods ip addreses, as the e-mail says, for internal testing only.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

View from the main lobby.......

Attachments

• IP Test at PS2.JPG
    IP Test at PS2.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 3
eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look at the screenshot above, the tourney is called IP test, just above where is says tournament will start, it looks like it is an internal test of PokerStars mods ip addreses, as the e-mail says, for internal testing only.

Oh ok sorry, hadn't noticed the name.
Forget I ever said anything :).