Interesting Home Sit and Go

H

HustLaGFX

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a shorthanded game with about 7 people. We were all friends which was why nobody got mad over what had happened. We were doing what we did about every Friday or Saturday night, just playing poker together and talking about school that week(We were in high school). So yeah, we played awhile.. quite a long while actually. We were raising the blinds every 25 minutes or so and were about an hour into the game when suddenly a hand comes up. Keep in mind I was waaay new when this happened so don't make fun of me. I had the AJ of hearts so I was quite happy. I don't remember what position I was in, but that doesn't matter for this story.

Anyways, I was in the hand with a couple other people and the board came with 2 hearts and some other suit I don't remember. Someone had bet and yes, with the limited experience I had I called. And I was sure glad I did. Was the next card a heart you ask? Yes it was!

That's not the funny part.

It was a JACK of hearts! Yes, the same as in my hand. I was so blinded by the excitement of seeing the heart that I didn't even know there was a duplicate card. I continued playing as if it were a normal game, pushing at the river where I was also called. Then the moment came when I flipped my cards over. The guys were nodding about the good hand, talking about how I should have played it and nobody really noticed the double jacks until a friend of mine was about to reach for them to deal the next hand. Just thought I'd share that interesting story to you guys haha.

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol i had a similar thing happen once except this guy had like Jx (forgot the other card, irrelevant) and the board had 2 J's on it, and when the 2nd J came up on like the turn, the kid goes "wait a minute.." flips over his hand and goes "i have the jack of _insertsuithere_" it was hilarious

JessieBear15331

JessieBear15331

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ROFL! Ask T1riel about his suited pocket queens!:D

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing bridge once and we had picked up a pinochle deck. My first two cards were the ace of hearts!

CaptnDaveCoulthard

CaptnDaveCoulthard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 Of The Same Card's The New Royal Flush :D

TubaMark316

TubaMark316

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing bridge once and we had picked up a pinochle deck. My first two cards were the ace of hearts!

Haha...

Never play Euchre with a Penochle deck...

My friends did that once...and I was wondering why I had 5 JACK'S in my hand...
Going alone EVERY hand, haha!

ezflop212

ezflop212

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder how many people have been strangled, shot, or drowned because of duplicate cards. Wow, that was pretty dark. Apologies to all.

TubaMark316

TubaMark316

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder how many people have been strangled, shot, or drowned because of duplicate cards. Wow, that was pretty dark. Apologies to all.

I once got a "Card" cut when I mucked my hand really hard at someone...they threw their cards at me and then we split the pot. :p

I love crappy Home Games...

But I have never been shot with having duplicate cards...:D

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After a game was over I opened the box to put the cards back and noticed the As was still in the box... at least it was a fair game for all :D

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have yet to be in a game where there was a duplicate...or maybe i wasnt paying a ttention too much.the onlything i saw was someone thought they had the straight flush of daimonds but one of their cards was a heart.they were all cocky at the showdown slamming there cards down yelling straight flush yessss lol...we alll just laughed

T

Texsturg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 Of The Same Card's The New Royal Flush :D

Don't laugh this may one day be advertised as a new bonus one of the online sites gives away!!

You can see it now in Highlights "For New Players: Get 4 suited Q's and you can win $100,000!!!" :icon_tong

I

iamthepush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at our home game once i was next to deal. after the cards were delt and everyone bet/folded. i delt the flop and turn, then i look at the deck in my hand and it was red but my hole cards were blue. i was like miss deal.

i was dealing out of turn it was pretty funny.

no one was shot.

C

chipaddict

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
does anyone live in Ventura, CA? i want to get a home game goin, probably just a $10 or $20 buyin, 9 to 18 ppl. if anyones interested let me know

Organize a Home Poker Game