Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would rather play my 3 year old son, he would probably be better competion. i'm so irratated, i won't even go into the hand, the fish on that site are horrendous. when i calm down i will explain the hand.

T

TurnipHead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many players (me included) view freerolls as a waste of time and play like donkeys partly to annoy skinflints (like you?) who actually take these tournies seriously.
You have invested NO MONEY to sit in front of your computer for 4-5 HOURS to win A COUPLE OF DOLLARS!! (If you're lucky.)
Treat freerolls with less seriousness and you won't be so disappointed when the inevitable bad beat comes your way.

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think anyone can take freerolls seriously, untill your about 2 hours in.
Ive never won a freeroll but ive cashed in loads of them.
I think theres alot of luck involved in winning a freeroll.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play the freerolls for practice and i think that most people underestimate freerolls. if you are gonna play the game of poker, then play it right. i have no respect for those who don't, including you. maybe you play like a donk, because you are a donk. nice way to begin your time here, insulting people, on your second post none the less. i think most people around here will tell you that if you don't have anything worthwhile to say, then don't say anything at all.

T

TurnipHead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Number 1: Like the "Play Money" tables, "Freerolls" involve NO INVESTMENT whatsoever so the idea that they are good "practice" is a distorted view because none of the players puts in money that they could lose! I agree that "if you are gonna play the game of poker, then play it right" but a freeroll isn't true poker because you don't risk anything - so why play it "right"?

Number 2: The mindset for playing freerolls therefore should be different. I freely admit to occasionally playing like a donk in a freeroll. I would NEVER play like that if I risked my own money. To my mind, that doesn't make me a "donk" - so rest easy in THAT respect chiefer.

Number 3: I don't believe I insulted you. I merely asked you, rhetorically, if you were over-frugal with you financial investments.

Number 4: What is a more "worthwhile" thing to say? (A) Giving an opinion that it is futile to invest such large amounts of time in order to win miniscule amounts of dollars (in an entertaining yet mildly provocative way) or (B) Blubbing like a baby cos ya just lost to a bad beat in a freeroll and then promise to bore everyone to death with the details later!!??

Last edited:
DeadoneD1

DeadoneD1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Gentlemen...gentlemen to your corners...

no below the belt hits please OK??

Resume.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i don't think i was blubbing like a baby, i was pissed, and this is part of what this forum is for, to discuss the game of poker, any type of poker. i play the game the seriously and the way it's supposed to be played no matter what the investment. i think that if everybody had the respect for the game as i do, the poker world would be a much happier place. peronally i think poker sites should give a poker IQ test before you are allowed to play, it may not avoid all the nonsense but at least you would know that you are playing half way decent players. i don't think that you can compare play tables to freerolls, there is no reward in play tables. i think that a lot of players, myself included, can't afford to put a lot of money into poker sites, thus the reason for freerolls. my whole point is that there is a serious lack of respect for our game, and it comes out in full force during freerolls. there are too many jamie golds in the game, he has no respect for the game and thus has no respect from the poker community. i'm not going to start a flame war with you, i enjoy this forum as i'm sure you will too. i'm sure that you have worthwhile things to say about the game and i look forward to reading them. i guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

H

hustlenflow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well i am going to have to agree with you, the fish on that site are horrible! I thought i like it for a minute then took so many bad beats on real money tables it was unreal!:mad: :mad:

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm with chiefer, I too take freerolls seriously. I have outgrown the emotional attachment to the game that chiefer still has though. A bad beat is a bad beat. They come more often online because of the overwhelmingly greater number of hands per hour that get played.

I respect Turnipheads opinion, and his style in writing. But clearly he sees poker as a buisness where as I see it as sport.

I like to think of it as College Football (american) or NFL football. Honestly, NFL bores me, while college football is exciting. The college players there are preparing to play the boring NFL version.

C

crussader

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
...i play the game the seriously and the way it's supposed to be played no matter what the investment. i think that if everybody had the respect for the game as i do, the poker world would be a much happier place.

I disagree, put as many fish in front of me as you can.

The problem is that you have to dramatically adjust your game to play on tables like that. You can't just "follow the book" in these games.

If you don't want to get involved with donks, find a way to get in a 5/10 NL game. Won't see too many donks there.

jolubman

jolubman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Consider this, the $1,000.00 freeroll at bodog has 4,000 entrants. Said another way, bodog is paying your $.25 entry fee to play. What do you expect for twenty-five cents, professional players?

thwizzofoz

thwizzofoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perhaps I can put in my 2 cents where it isn't needed. I play the Bodog freeroll nightly. It doesn't cost me anything. Most of the players suck, including me. Once in a while I get lucky and make a buck or two. Which I put into a cash game where a better player takes my lunch money and sends me back to the freeroll to get more.

I too take the freerolls quite serious. But, not all of what I have learned there translates to money games. Just as not all of what is learned there is garbage.

Keep playing the freerolls or not, but, don't invest as much of your passion into a freeroll as you would into a $10 buy in SnG. You cannot realistically expect the same level of play from the freeroll. And once in a while you end up getting beat by a turd who goes all in with an off suit 8 2 against your pocket KK. You likely won't find that kind of stupid play in a $10 game.

G

Girl Gamer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take every tournament I'm in seriously, free rolls or not. I can't just call every hand and go all in with nothing, just not my style.

So I see why you're mad, I would be too.

K

khaledowns

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
"i think that if everybody had the respect for the game as i do, the poker world would be a much happier place."

OK WAIT! if everyone knew how to play, where would ur money? also the play money is for the people who dont know how to play so dont complain about donks when ur in donkcity, finally...if u cant beat a donk, who can u beat?

palmer2000e

palmer2000e

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im gonna give this site and their $1000 freeroll tonight. Ive never played it before but ive had some freeroll success on FT with freerolls and have won 5-6 or so and cashed in a bunch, so ill give it a shot

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chiefer I know what you mean about the freeroll on bodog, I used to play it when it was 1500 freeroll going for that 333 dollar first prize, but i just grew tired of it. I cashed a few times and bubbled out a bunch more. Eventually I just said, it isnt worth my 5 hours of time to maybe make a couple bucks. But if you dont have a bankroll there, I guess that is your only option.

The only good thing that comes of this is that those same players you see in the freeroll also play real money games, and guess what, their play isnt that much better so I suggest you deposit some money. Even if you only have a small amount, you can start out at the 2 dollar beginner SnG tourneys there. If you are a halfway decent player you will be able to build a decent bankroll. I got 5.00 from the CC freeroll there a little over a month ago and now have almost 300 dollars in my bankroll there. Good luck and I hope to see you at some of the tables over there. I am bw07507 on bodog, if u see me, give a shout, I play a lot of small buyin SnGs.

P

pfredseesred

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play the freerolls on FullTilt and am quite often mystified at some of the playing I see. I call it the Kamakaze Kard Korner. I was placed at a table where first hand six people went all-in. And then you see them turing up cards like j3, 75, 10 6, and so on and so forth. I do manage to make it very close to payoff positions, and the mere fact that i have waded through the minefield of reckless players to get that close is somewhat encouraging. But to see someone "play like a donkey" just to annoy other players makes me wonder if we're sitting at a table of 12 year olds. That's what annoys me. I take the game seriously and I find it a sign of disrespect to fellow players. where's the sportsmanship in that?

DeadoneD1

DeadoneD1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I know you guys are gonna hate me for this!

On more than 1 occasion, I have admittedly let my

Daughters play in my freeroll...one is 11 the other 14.

I have taught them both to play poker (good dad huh?)

but also the evils of gambling..

I have, when ahead on chips and bored ask them to take over.

I hate just folding....i worked for those chips..so...

If you feel you are playing a 11 year old, friends you just may be...

I'm a horrible person right??

Last edited:
A

aarono2690

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe playing high-stake play money is the best way to get practice.

It costs you nothing and after someone's worked hard to get that many play chips they usually don't throw them away like a two dollar whore.

DeadoneD1

DeadoneD1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It costs you nothing and after someone's worked hard to get that many play chips they usually don't throw them away like a two dollar whore.

Where would said "Working Girl" get play chips??

some pay in play chips??

DeadoneD1

DeadoneD1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And i seriously hope you were not refering to the post above yours

or were gonna have a problem

P

pfredseesred

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
on fulltilt they have play money high stake chip freerolls

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i actually bought my son a set of 11.5 gram chips, he wouldn't leave mine alone so i bought him his own. he plays with them nonstop and always wants me to play poker chips with him.

T

TurnipHead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But to see someone "play like a donkey" just to annoy other players makes me wonder if we're sitting at a table of 12 year olds. That's what annoys me. I take the game seriously and I find it a sign of disrespect to fellow players. where's the sportsmanship in that?

If you stopped taking the moral high ground when someone doesn't play the so-called "correct" way, and perhaps just chalk it up as "bad luck" when/if you lose the hand, you might actually take your game to the next level.

Maybe I shouldn't raise on a flush draw cos it might be bad "sportsmanship" and might show "disrespect".

I'll tell ya right now, if someone came on a real money table and actually raised with junk "just to annoy me" I would not shake my head with disappointment at how "disrespectful" they are. I would be more likely to put a note on them and stick them on my friends/buddy list for future use!

Here's a theory (just to rock the boat a little):
All this talk of "I take the game seriously" and "I find it disrespectful when...blah blah blah" is written by frustrated freeroll players - those who spend far too much of their time playing freerolls and who more often than not get knocked out by a river-card to win $1.75 after 4 hours of play; players who feel they "deserve" to win cos they read the books!

Get out there and play some real poker with real money before getting on your high-horse and lecturing us about "how serious" you are and about "how disrespectful" it is to dare to go all-in for a laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freeroll Passwords Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada