I was watching WSOP on ESPN

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and this was the show where they had 16-17 players and they were cutting down to the final 9 final table.
Scotty guyn (i do know his spelling) had like 17 million chips he was cursing at the other players and telling them not to F**K with him blowing kisses to the crowd and in a very happy mood.
After he tried to bully another player with his queens with A kicker he lost most of his chips and went on a full blown tilt.
Now if you reading this post you are asking "so, wtf is your point?"
My point is if this guy who is considered one of the best players in the world can have a complete meltdown at that stage of the game makes you think of how hard this game really is

riverboatrat

riverboatrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
his ego often gets the better of him

"Scotty teach Daniel all he know bout da poker, Scotty been playing tirty years!"

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and this was the show where they had 16-17 players and they were cutting down to the final 9 final table.
Scotty guyn (i do know his spelling) had like 17 million chips he was cursing at the other players and telling them not to F**K with him blowing kisses to the crowd and in a very happy mood.
After he tried to bully another player with his queens with A kicker he lost most of his chips and went on a full blown tilt.
Now if you reading this post you are asking "so, wtf is your point?"
My point is if this guy who is considered one of the best players in the world can have a complete meltdown at that stage of the game makes you think of how hard this game really is
I actually wrote a long post on this hand. He did go a little off the deep end with his all-in push, but to be fair to scotty, AQ is a raising hand and he did flop TPTK vs Phil Hilms trip 5's. My only problem was that Hilm had flat called Scotty both PF and on the flop and bet out when Scotty Checked the turn. He really should have given Hilm a little more respect. His check raise push was totally unecessary. He was a shoo-in for the final table and a strong contender for his 2nd ME bracelet.

I've seen this episode several time. I don't recall Scotty cursing at anyone. He can get a little cocky at times but he's always a good sport and the other players seem to enjoy his presence.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Scotty Nguyen is my favorite player to watch, and to defend his check raise push I think he might have thought that crippling or knocking hilm out of the tournament would give scotty a much larger chance of winning the tournament. I noticed that hilm seemed to be a very strong player until he played horribly against yang at the final table...

i love scotty and i hope he will make a push at next year's wsop

the 2 final table episodes would have been much more enjoyable with scotty at the table

i also had a chance to watch the FT live and that would have been even more entertaining

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've seen this episode several time. I don't recall Scotty cursing at anyone

see it again
he was cusding when he won pots, he was telling the players no to f**k with him

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really? How many penalties did they give him?
NONE
i was thinking the same thing cursing they give penalty but he didnt get any.
Since i saw it on tv i dont know what words he was usuing but when u hear beeps on tv it means someone said a bad word.
I just to make it clear he didnt curse when he lost he did it when he won and he was on a roll

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol. You know he probably did say that. I didn't notice it because that's just the way he talks. That's probably the reason he didn't get warned either.

WSOP