I ran into a friend at the bar last night...

T

tsm26

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, thought i'd share his information. I ran into a friend at the bar last night & he told me something shocking about his Carbon Poker experience. We have both played the site and are both from Connecticut, in the united states. So, he began telling me how he decided to deposit one day after a few other deposits that never saw any return on investment, he entered an $11 tournament, bink'd it for a nice score.. joined a couple cash games and ran his roll up to 2500 after a week or so. He decided to cash out, and what do you know.. carbon poker decided to delete his account. He made a new name and attempted resolving the issue through the live chat as well as called the company.. all he got was we have no records of the user name you're saying you once held. ****ing ridiculous. I'm sure some of you that will read this have had good experiences with them, but this is unacceptable and I plan on making it know. For any poker site, especially one on a large network like merge... that is pathetic that they would rather tarnish their name then pay the damn man. Be cautious if you plan on playing there.

Dlew123

Dlew123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sounds like a bs bar story to me

T

tsm26

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
saw a few snapshots on his iphone, his girl vouched for him, he's a trusted friend. it's not bs

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
saw a few snapshots on his iphone, his girl vouched for him, he's a trusted friend. it's not bs

Then he should have evidence on his computer, like hand histories, deposit records and other information that would prove his case, tell him to seek legal advice.

I find it hard to believe that something like you described happened, there is too much evidence that your friend has for Carbon to pull something like that.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Check the Poker id online, it might not be his!
Trust me when I say even family members will lie to you, so even that trusted friend will lie!

T

tsm26

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check the Poker id online, it might not be his!
Trust me when I say even family members will lie to you, so even that trusted friend will lie!

listen guy's.. i went to high school with the kid, use to hang out often. he's a good dude and so is his girl. i remember him posting a picture of the "congratulations youve placed 1st" or whatever on his instagram a while back & a couple weeks later hearing that he never received his money through another friend. then i see him the other night and hear about this. i'm just letting you guys know, this happened and it could again so be careful.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
listen guy's.. i went to high school with the kid, use to hang out often. he's a good dude and so is his girl. i remember him posting a picture of the "congratulations youve placed 1st" or whatever on his instagram a while back & a couple weeks later hearing that he never received his money through another friend. then i see him the other night and hear about this. i'm just letting you guys know, this happened and it could again so be careful.
There has to be a part of this story missing! Carbon would of only of done this if he was cheating or his gal was using his account or she had an account too. It will also happen if the mailing address he gave was not his real address. Whats his Carbon nick?

CSYA14

CSYA14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds rather odd that Merge (carbon) would do this. People and companies do strange things to save some bucks but something of this nature just seems out of place.
With all thats saved on computers these days, I'm sure something is there that he could get a screen shot of.

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Howmuch did he drink? Nah to be serious, if he is sure he is scammed he should collect evidence and sent it to carbon. Maybe he broke some kind of rule? But even then, i think they have to pay out before they ban his account.

wildyetty

wildyetty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if he has the instagram pic that should help as some evidence.... look it up an post it here

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
its not the 1st time I heard this and believe you all he has to do is retrieve pw and poker id from his computer its in his downloaded file from carbon and there is the proof but it sounds like he didn't give all honest info when signed up I did the same once and that's all they need to not pay read agreement to see

wildyetty

wildyetty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im thinking he disguised his his location with VPN or somthing along those lines.

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ouch, why did he create a new name to resolve it, i would have just emailed them using the email address i used to create the original name

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Ouch, why did he create a new name to resolve it, i would have just emailed them using the email address i used to create the original name

Yea that's why the story didn't add up for me... Why would he create a new name to try and solve his issue... Isn't he breaking a rule right there?? If I had issues with a poker site, and they banned me for trying to take money out then I would be using the email that I had registered with the poker site to try and sort out the issue.