How do you layout multi-tables on your screen?

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play mostly on a laptop, 15" wide screen. Sometimes I'll multitable, up to 4 tables at time, often multiple sites (not that that matters too much).

But, I haven't found an ideal layout yet. I don't like to cascade or overlap the tables 'cause I want to see what's going on on the other tables, but if I tile them they seem too small and I don't pay attention well either.

If you multi-table, what kind of layout do you like? And, on what size monitor?

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play 6 tables on my 15" wide screen laptop. I just use the "tile tables" option. The tables are pretty small, with some overlap, but i manage. I would like to play 8+ tables, but that's just not possible on a 15" screen.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you size them yourself, and you always sit in the same position at the table, I find I can squeeze a tiny bit more size by overlapping the edges slightly, but I still find the sizes annoyingly small. I've actually considered trying to find a pair of glasses weaker than my perscription just so I can sit closer to the monitor to make it look bigger.

I guess if I wanted to, I have a second old laptop as well as a working desktop. If I wanted to play more than one site I could use more than one computer. Or see if my laptop can use a second monitor as a separate monitor and not just a duplicate of the laptop screen.

Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only play one table at a time, so I maximize it. lol.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a massive 32" acer but the thing has terrible resolution which means that I can only fit 4 without overlap. 8's the most I can fit without ridiculous overlapping, but even this is a little too much. Thinking about buying a second hi-res monitor and using this 32" as a tv, right after I win the lottery.

Here's today's 6-tabling session (vid to come); 8 is similar but just more squeezed together.

Attachments

• asdf.JPG
    asdf.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 148
K

kesc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately when I'm playing limit, I just leave them all close to each other in the middle, and try to make it so I can see the bottom of the screen so I can tell when I have cards, and when I'm about to act on a table. I wouldn't recommend doing this with nl, or something that you feel you need to pay attention to.

I can easily play 6-7 tables on a 17 inch laptop

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think if you want to multitable 4 tables buy a 19" monitor and tile them, if you want 8 tables get 2 19" Monitors, 12 tables 3 monitors etc. The tables are easy to see.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
19". I can 4-table without overlap and 6-table without massive overlap. I tried 12 with the cascade option last night (so I just make decisions as they pop up). Jury's still out on whether that's profitable, pretty much broke even at it, but made 2 mistakes, one a big one where I misread the board and didn't see the pair and pushed my flush draw the whole way, and one where I was clicking on a table and another one popped up and I accidentally minraised with J4 PF. So bad mistakes cost me about $5.20 at $10NL (even with a board pair, boat over nut flush was gonna take some of my money). 483x360 is the approximate minimum size of a pokerstars window in pixels. If you can save up 100,000 FPPs and get platinum star one month, you can get a 2560x1600 monitor (Samsung 30'' Monitor - FPP Store)

This would fit 20 (5x4) with absolutely no overlap. Or I think I saw it cost about $400 for a monitor that would handle 12 (4x3) with no problem, the catalog I saw didn't have one with the resolution to handle anything better.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i use 15" but i like to cascade tablles when im playing upwards of 5 tables

P

pastel deck

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
cascade, it's best not to play multiple tables at all if you need to see all of the action.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a massive 32" acer but the thing has terrible resolution which means that I can only fit 4 without overlap. 8's the most I can fit without ridiculous overlapping, but even this is a little too much.

I was wondering how you did 6.

I tried 12 with the cascade option last night (so I just make decisions as they pop up). Jury's still out on whether that's profitable, pretty much broke even at it, but made 2 mistakes, one a big one where I misread the board and didn't see the pair and pushed my flush draw the whole way, and one where I was clicking on a table and another one popped up and I accidentally minraised with J4 PF.

This is a problem for me if I allow them to overlap sometimes. I've gone to click "fold" with a trash hand before it's my turn to play but had another table pop up and minraised a decent hand on another table instead. :mad:

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea overlap course some misclicks but for me i just take a seccond to read the info on table and i dont click until i am sorted with my best action. I find just taking a seccond more to actually take in small detail and think about what your doing means you miss click less. Also plractice playing lots of tables helps :D

E

EmmaDillemma

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play around 15-20 tables at once at the FullRing micros. Believe me I thought cascade was dumb cause you can't see but you just play abc and practice practice practice once you get used to it its great. my opinion though. any thoughts appreciated

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i find that PAHUD can give me enough info to play well and make reads based on their stats but hard to use betting patterns as reads.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mainly play on a 21 or 22 inch with 1680x1050 resolution. This easily shows 4 tables in two rows of two with only a small amount of overlap up and down.
I seldom play more than that, but when I do, I try to position them so the action button's don't overlap, which decreases the chance of misclicks.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whoo hoo; I discovered my laptop will handle the video output as a second monitor. Now I just have to make room on my small desktop desk for my laptop and I can spread tables over two monitors.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Movin up to 4+ then, NL? Good man :)

Be prepared to see your winrate skyrocket if you can handle them alright!

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just play 2 tables at a time, usually just a ring and tourney so I could always sitout of the ring if I get a particularly interesting hand in my tourney.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 87
NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Movin up to 4+ then, NL? Good man :)

Be prepared to see your winrate skyrocket if you can handle them alright!

Well, three at the moment. It's all I can handle while being interupted by my daughter. :)

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I make a deposit, I will make a video of me 12 to 24 tabling. Should be fun.....

N

n0gan0o

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play like 3 tables at a time anymore and i get confused lol. But yeah i overlap them :)

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing turbos I tile 4 tables without overlap on my ancient craputer screen that has fairly good resolution, due to us paying upwards of 600$ for it back in 98 or so. I have a few more tables in the taskbar that pop up when I need to act. I can manage 5 tables really easily this way, and if you add donkaments (that are really foldament for the first two hours or so), I can play around 8-9 tables with ease. I time out maybe once or twice an hour and use the fold/ check-fold buttons a lot.

I've tried having playing on the laptop and the computer and found it very distracting since the keyboard/mouse isn't the same and it throws me off.

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For multitabling I think Ultimate Bet is the best hands down. Change to the miniview and I can fit 5 tables on each side of my 21" monitor and see all the action on all the tables at the same time.

None of the other sites really compare. I wish they all had minitable views like UB.