How do you deal with online Bully Stacks?

TexasPokerStar

TexasPokerStar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I know a few of us in our time of play online... have come across the Bully Stack.... who raises to put you all in...

so far the only way to beat on those guys... was in till I get AAs KKs or QQs to put a nice little hurt on him...

but other then that... what are some the methods you guys use?

G

gatorzz15

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There really isnt anything else you can do... u just have to try to put yourself in a situation where you can be the bully stack, if not you are going to have a hard time controlling the table.

CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TexasPokerStar said:
How do you deal with online Bully Stacks?

Wait for the monster and let him/her do your betting for you till you push on the river.

Patience. The most powerful move in tournament poker is the fold.

---

T

teksmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to wait until you have a hand that you won't mind being all in with. Otherwise it is too much of a gamble. sure he might not have anything but if you lose you are gone.

G

GrantGreen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Observe closely the hands he's showing down. From that, you'll be able to get an idea of the range he's playing. That way, you can adjust YOUR range of calling hands (assuming he's shoving. If not, your RERAISING hands) down that will still most likely have him crushed. To beat these players, you don't always need AA, KK, QQ...

AmatuerISwear

AmatuerISwear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a toughy....especially when you are short stacked. You HAVE to wait until you get a really decent pre-flop hand because you know that they are going to push you all in. Unfortunately, you know that your blinds will chip away at your stack while you are waiting. I've tried bluffing by increasing the blinds with a small bet, but it never scares them off.

TKinWIS

TKinWIS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Observe closely the hands he's showing down. From that, you'll be able to get an idea of the range he's playing. That way, you can adjust YOUR range of calling hands (assuming he's shoving. If not, your RERAISING hands) down that will still most likely have him crushed. To beat these players, you don't always need AA, KK, QQ...
Absolutely, because the bully is often playing marginal hands, you shouldn't just wait for a monster. If your stack is getting short, don't be afraid to bust out. This is one time that patience might be your downfall.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that yelling F****r every time they raise and I fold helps, then like everyone else said wait for that hand and get them.

N

nateogreato

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bullies are not so bad - I am one ya

:D To win against a bully you have to reolize who has all the power. Bullies win a ton of hands but when they lose they lose big becasue they are the ones throwing around all the chips. If I find myself bigstacked I'll bully a little. But if anyone gets smart and takes a chip out of my stack I have to stop becasue a room full of TAG players will always beat the bully.