How do I set up a freeroll?

B

Blown01Cobra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering if anyone knew the process for starting up a freeroll. I'm guessing you probably contact the site support for the poker room, but has anyone set one up at a site before.

For instance, do they give you an admin panel or do you have to do it all through customer support. How far in advance can you plan the freeroll and can you cancel it? Also, I was wondering if there would be a way the poker sites could set up separate passwords for the freeroll, that way individuals couldn't share the password with others.

I'll probably contact some of the poker sites I'm a member of and ask them, but I figured I'd get some quality information here.

Thanks

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some won't even let you do it - but yea the best thing to do is contact the sites you play at.

B

Blown01Cobra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, yeah, I'll do that. I just had this idea for a way that US players could easily compete in online tournaments for cash and bypass most of the deposit methods - but it would require me to be able to set up private tournaments and freerolls.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, yeah, I'll do that. I just had this idea for a way that US players could easily compete in online tournaments for cash and bypass most of the deposit methods - but it would require me to be able to set up private tournaments and freerolls.

This as you describe it already happens a lot on pokerstars using their Home Games, but using play money and prizes sent separately to the winners.

No good to you now, but anyone on Fultilt has always been able to set up private tournaments simply from the Requests Tab on the lobby.

Also most sites will setup private tournaments for forums or individuals eg Birthday bash if you email their support and ask for it indicating how many players are expected.

BUT
I doubt many sites would set up anything if you are asking them to bypass your federal law.