How cool is this !

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played in a $50 MTT this afternoon, 41 entered. It was very well run and the blind structure was the best I've ever seen for a live charity MTT.

So it gets down to 9 people left, and I ask what the payouts are. One of the people running it tells me the top 7 get paid cash, plus you get to pick one of the books sitting at the front table. "That man over there wrote them all".

Here the fellow that was going around to each table answering questions about dead blinds and dead buttons, and side pots etc etc. was none other than Robert Ciaffone.

IE. ROBERTS RULES OF POKER

Apparently he lives near me here in Michigan! I've seen him around at a few MTT's and never knew who he was. This tourny was only about 5 miles from my house.

Anyways, it got down to HU between me and the chip leader. Now he, for whatever reason, honestly thought he had me dominated in chips. I believe he had a smallish lead, like maybe 4 BB's when we started. After a few hands I offered to chop, since first place was $500, and second was only $100. I said we could each get $300 and call it a good day. Well, he didn't like that so we played on.

Maybe 30 hands later I had crushed him and won first place for $500.

I also had eliminated 10 people, which was worth another $50 since there was a $5 bounty chip everyone got.

And I got to meet the man who literally wrote the book on poker rules.

All in all, probably my best day of poker to date. Although after nearly 6 hours of live play I was drained.

Thanks CC !!!

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice! Love the crush the donkey part, and meeting Bob is awesome! He has also written a book on a chess opening, so I love him.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey, congratulations on the win man. very nice day you had

Dotde

Dotde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations and well done. Way to show that cocky fool who's boss. ;-)

R

rodpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
congrats bro, sounds like it was your day all the way around. May you have many more days like it. I salute you.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice! Always nice to hear about a CC member with an experience like this.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice job! Which book did you take?

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Congrats, by the way did you mention CC to Robert in case he needs any help on the rules?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Congrats on the win :)

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice job! Which book did you take?

The one and only book that was left was the Robert's Rules of Poker. It's new designation is the holdings for my live bankroll.

I would have had him autograph it (geeky I know) had I realized at the time. It wasn't until I got home that it dawned on me that this was the book that gets linked anytime someone has a rules question.

x_Tac_x

x_Tac_x

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well done.

Sounds like a very lucky day. I could do with a few like that.:D :D :) :)

♠jczapper♠

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow. dont you love cocky @$$holes at the table. they play all cocky an start playing crap like 72os and you push all in and double up! ha i miss my live games.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
congrats.

So, now that we know you have the book you are the new unofficial go to guy for any and all poker rules questions.

First question;

I'm at a table, and a guy with a knock out gal comes and sits down. After a while I have kicked all the shenanigans out of him and he whispers in his gals ear. She comes around and sits down behind me and starts giving me a massage, clearly distracting me.

What are my options?

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on the win! Sounds like you had a great time, Nice one. :)

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats, very nice,,,, :cool: buck:cool: