How to cancel ClubWPT?

LCDaBoss

LCDaBoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently made the mistake of even trying the free trial at ClubWPT. Has nothing for me lol. Has anyone else had an account with free trial at ClubWPT and cancelled? Because I can't find anywhere to do it, so I sent them an email. Hopefully they answer but I'm thinking they wont get back before the free trial is over.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently made the mistake of even trying the free trial at ClubWPT. Has nothing for me lol. Has anyone else had an account with free trial at ClubWPT and cancelled? Because I can't find anywhere to do it, so I sent them an email. Hopefully they answer but I'm thinking they wont get back before the free trial is over.
I cancelled/replaced the credit card. Worked just fine. ;)

-

The PoolBoy

The PoolBoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know you can get a monthly free membership by sending them a postcard right? Its in the fine print of their terms and agreement. I dont remember but i think you dont get as many " points" but it is adequate to play that monthly tournament that is like 5K freeroll?

R

RealChaser74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried them over a year ago and it took me a few weeks to get it cancelled. you have to email them and then you will get a reply asking you if you are sure you want to close your account then you have to reply to that email and it will take a few weeks to get it cancelled. At least this was my experience. since it is not a gambling website you can send them a postcard to get a free month. I have a friend that does this every few weeks to keep an account there for the wpt qualifiers

LCDaBoss

LCDaBoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried them over a year ago and it took me a few weeks to get it cancelled. you have to email them and then you will get a reply asking you if you are sure you want to close your account then you have to reply to that email and it will take a few weeks to get it cancelled. At least this was my experience. since it is not a gambling website you can send them a postcard to get a free month. I have a friend that does this every few weeks to keep an account there for the wpt qualifiers

Sent an email and got a reply the same day saying my accoutn was cancelled, hopefully it is for real.

P

poker0987

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
clubWPT

Canceling your card probably works best but you can try this phone number they are rude but supposedly they cancel the membership.
1-866-443-7068

M

michaelkern

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
clubwptripoff canceling membership

I joined and paid upfront for a years membership. I called to cancel after like three weeks, and they told me I could cancel but they would not refund my money.
I explained that I was having trouble joining games once logged in. I would try to join a game and it would log me out!

Then the server was down for like 24 hours, and when it came back up it was still glitchy, so i figured i made a bad investment and called to cancel. They absolutly refuse to refund me, but they did cancel my membership. I was clear that I only wanted to cancel if I got refunded. My only hope now is the consumer protections of my credit card company.

This is straight fraud, i have started a new #tag #clubwptripoff please help spread the word. the site is awful, the software is awful, and as far as I am concerned Mike Sexton is awful for being the front man! Never lose a dime playing poker guaranteed my ass!:(

P

powerg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good luck cancelling wpt

made the mistake of signing up for a year ,dont do it ! as soon as you win entry into a big money tournament they wont let you log on to their site and you lose your entry and when you go to help they say to bad. after 3 times dealing with this I called to cancel and they took my credit card number acting like I would get a refund but no luck .a month later when I got my statement I contacted them and they told me no refunds even if there site doesnt work, they never even offered to refund my buy in points for the tournament. bad web site worse customer service ! how can the hosts of this show promote this site ? I wonder how much you get to sell your soul ?

M

michaelkern

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Got My Money Back!!!

I told those jerks I would get my money back and I did. My bank actually did to be more specific. No matter what you do or say to those jerks at WPT on the phone, they won't give you your money back.

I told the guy, I would not only get my money back, but I would let the world know on every poker forum or blog post ,what a shit service it was. They didn't have to have so much negative feedback???

I filed a dispute with my bank, and they did the rest! Good Luck...

J

jsaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stopped watching WPT tourney's on TV when they became little more than infomercials with a few hands of cards and clips of frolicking women (okay that part wasn't bad) thrown in. All your comments have only served to re-enforce my perception the WPT site is to be avoided. Thanks all.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luckily I never had to do more than avail myself of a free promo. I have tried to play there 3 or 4 times, and the experience is worse than horrible. Cheapest stupidest software ever hobbled together.

Happily, there was no download and so that horrendously junky software will stop ( hope I don't get a disease if I don't reboot).