heres the deal

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm 21. I've been playing online since i was 16. Shhh!!. i really would like to build a bankroll. and since i was 16 i've cashed out numerous times...i pretty much follow good bankroll management as far as buy ins. but it seems i'll get my account up to 700 dollars or so. take out 400...then wind my way back down to 100 and have to really grind to stay afloat. I want to know how i can actually build a bankroll better. I play live games now as well and i do fine in them. But there not available near as much to me as online is of course. I tend strictly to mtts, and an occasional sng. Everyone i play with in the live games and good friends, think im so long overdue for a huge cash. being my biggest was a 5 dollar tourney on party poker with 1684 people in. i won it. below are my stats since i moved to fulltilt. and advice would be most aprreciated on how i can get a huge breakthrough and really build my bankroll? . thank you. If i had to guess my average buy in i would say between 5- 7 bucks. and my biggest cash on fulltilt has only been a lil over 500 twice. thanks

Total Played:421

Cashes:
71 16.86%

Final Tables:30 7.13%

Top Three Rate: 2.85%

Thirds:
3 0.71%
Seconds:
5 1.19%
Wins:
4 0.95%
Avg. Field Size:392

Average Cash:$46.88

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well as far as tournament results, it looks to me like you do just fine for yourself. The thing with MTTs is that they're not really the greatest bankroll-building game. As I'm sure you're familiar, you're often stuck in long stretches where you don't cash, nevermind make a final table or even a win.

If it's consistency you're looking for, try ring games. I used to be almost strictly a STT/MTT player, but have moved to cash and am finding it much more profitable.

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've went through bad stretches where i only wanted to play cash games just to put some money back in...i played a lot of limit cash games when i started on full tilt. it sounds like a great idea build the bankroll and take my shots in tournies. better tournies. anyways, i have 300 in there now what stakes should i start at in cash. It'll be NL not limit. and the biggest problem i've ever had. say i sat down at a .50/1 table with 40 bucks....at what point should i leave the table after i get ahead. i mean should i set goals, or what i just dont know...i've sat down at .5/.10 c b4 with a max buy in of 10 and say ppl with 123 dollars and stuff and im just wondering what i should aim for each session...should i be trying to win a certain amount, trying to play a certain length ? and which stakes. with a 300 bankroll. thanks

C

Curtom

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Get off of Full Tilt. The site has the toughest online players IMO
2. Play Single Table SnG's
3. Mix in some .25/.50 NL cash games (You'd be surprised at how quickly you can grow your bankroll at the micro limits

Good luck!

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im a US player...
where am i gonna play besides tilt
i loved party poker cant play there. i dont like bodog, ub or jokerstars.
i loved doyles room (by far the easiest players)

so where am i gonna play if i dont play full tilt

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i've went through bad stretches where i only wanted to play cash games just to put some money back in...i played a lot of limit cash games when i started on full tilt. it sounds like a great idea build the bankroll and take my shots in tournies. better tournies. anyways, i have 300 in there now what stakes should i start at in cash. It'll be NL not limit. and the biggest problem i've ever had. say i sat down at a .50/1 table with 40 bucks....at what point should i leave the table after i get ahead. i mean should i set goals, or what i just dont know...i've sat down at .5/.10 c b4 with a max buy in of 10 and say ppl with 123 dollars and stuff and im just wondering what i should aim for each session...should i be trying to win a certain amount, trying to play a certain length ? and which stakes. with a $300 bankroll. thanks
As my general rule when I play cash games, I like to have at least 30+ full buy ins. Your BR is too low to play in the .5/1 tables since since a full buy in is $100, this only allows you 3 buy ins. Even if you min buy with $40, you only have 7.5 buy ins, which doesnt give you a good enough buffer if you start to down swing. Ideally, you'd want to play in the .05/.10 tables. Full buy in is $10, which means you have at least 30 full buy ins to play with. This way, if you do downswing, your BR isnt affected as bad.
As for when to quit the game, quit when you feel like it. Whether its because the play is getting to difficult, there isnt any money worth taking, you're tired, you're tilting, you're up, whatever. The only thing I suggest is not setting X-amount goals because when you near that goal, you might start making plays according to your BR size and not based on the opponents. When you sit down, your goal should be the same thing: to win pots. And you shouldnt let your opponent stack size affect your play, if they're a big stack they got it 1 of 2 ways: either they're good/decent players or they've been getting lucky. You'll find out soon enough. I actually prefer tables with players who have more money than me than less because it means I will at least get a good pay on my big hands.

You seem to be doing very well for yourself, so my only advice is to follow proper bankroll management (BRM).

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im a US player...
i loved party poker cant play there. i dont like bodog, Ultimatebet or jokerstars.

Cake Poker

Im not a good cash player so I dont know, but ive heard this place is weak.

C

Curtom

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
im a US player...
i loved party poker cant play there. i dont like bodog, Ultimatebet or jokerstars.

I see. That does present a bit of an issue indeed. However, I tend to like the play on pokerstars. I know there are many that say they constantly get beats on Stars but I have done well over my 3 years time. I was on Party prior to that. The only other options are PStars or Bodog.

Anyhow, since you can't very well move then I would definitely suggest the micro limits as the next best alternative. It's a higher ROI than MTT's by far. Otherwise, stick to the Single Table SnG's.