Has Anyone Else Smashed There laptop?

S

Seanyboyh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Things are not going good for me in the poker world at the moment. I just cant win a race and am losing the vast majority of hands where i have my opponent dominated preflop. Its gone beyond a joke. I constantly try to get myself into situations where im a big favourite but fish keep sucking out on me. I was up 13k last year and am down about 1k this year. I have not changed my style at all, infact i think im making better reads on my opponents now than ever before. This is happening in live games as well as online. Im on the verge of packing it in.
Has anyone else had a ridiculously long bad beat run or continually hitting cold decks. I know in poker you take the good with the bad but when the odds are stacked well in your favour, you expect the results to come your way over time. Please tell me im not jinxed. Last year people were complimenting me on my impressive stats on sharkscope and this year im being teased. SOMETHINGS GOTTA GIVE

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You probably weren't as good as you thought you were last year and your probably not as bad as your results show this year. It's called the long run and we're all working our way toward it.

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have had bad runs - but I would never get angry enough to smash my laptop lol.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't smash laptops, I crush opponents.

K

Kennyseven

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
same here....I just pretend to smash my laptop and that makes me feel better.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tilt and selective memory= smashed laptop

A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I have had long runs of "bad luck". Sometimes, random chance seems to run with you and sometimes seems out to get you. It is frustrating, but smashing your hard earned equipment seems a little extreme.
Now, I am not saying I have not had the urge to throw the laptop out the window moments...I have had lots of em. These days though I usually take a deep breath and tighten up my play until the poker gods seem to be favoring me again.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Speaking of crushing opponents, you know you don't have to be Savagepenguin's waiter any more, right Philthy?

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Speaking of crushing opponents, you know you don't have to be Savagepenguin's waiter any more, right Philthy?

Ixnay about the avatarway!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know, but I until I find a better avatar...

P

plainluck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a balcony. Perfect for tossing computers.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I smile every time I see the avatar switch over to the two penguins.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way to start controlling tilt is to look at every hand from a game theoretical point of view.
Did you make the best play against villain's range? If that's the case you should be happy and completely disregard the outcome of the hand.

If you're unsure about villain's range, Pokerstove or posting hand histories will help.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
once I threw my mouse at the wall. Never again it costs 120 ****ing dollars for another mouse like the one I had.

P

Playmaker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like you need at least a few Weeks away from the Game...Maybe even a few Months...In the Long run things will work out for you if you play well