Friday at the Trop

C

CustomPoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So, I sat down at a $1-$2 NL table at the new Havanna Tower at Trop... which by the by matches up to, if not better than, Borgata.

And in the big blind, I catch Q-Q. At a loose table, I get 4 callers, so I raise it up to $12. Two call.

Flop comes 2 low clubs and A-spades. I bet out $10 to test the water (if somone had an A, I SURELY would have been raised, at this table).

Both call.

The turn comes Q. Giddy up... trips. So, I check. Behind me checks. Next guy leads out with $100, putting me all-in. He can only have A-A to lead the hand, or he's betting on-the-come with 4 to the flush.

So I call, the guy behind me folds. I turn over my Qs, and he turns over a pair of 7s. He's drawing dead.

A few hands later he ask's "why did you check your trips?", which to me, seems like a LUDACRIS question. I reply, "so you would bet into me"... LOL... he says "oh."

Later that night, I see the 3rd guy involved in the hand, who folded on the turn... he asks me the same thing! His reasoning was "if you bet even $30, he probably folds, and you don't have to worry that he can make a flush".

Is it me, or is that the goofiest poker logic ever?? My theory is, if someone is gonna bet needing a miracle 4th spade to make a flush.... well, shame on him for moving in on my made hand! Cause that's what I want him to do.

Thoughts?
Check my site... if you play at home, get one of these.
www.custompokerfelt.com

Grumbledook

Grumbledook

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
heh heard the expression don't tap the glass?

best thing you could have said was "i was scared you were going to get a flush"

they would then think you are bad and you can extract more from them

always nice to play bad players

Z

Zubris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hehe... this is how poker works.. you bet so that others fold... you don't wanna play luck game and test ur luck that evening.. you wanna take the pot as soon as possible..
sure if you are positive that ur hand is srongest and noting stronger can't be on table.. then you can slowplay...
but if not.. if there is a flush draw on table.. you have to put big raise so oppeonet had to make hard decidion wether to call with his possible straith/flush draw or not.. and you definetly want him not to call..