Double or nothing sng's??

runnerx289

runnerx289

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi I'm still relatively new here and I've been playing a lot of PS 50/50 sngs to build my BR lately (been multi-tabling 4 tables at $3.50 buy ins).

But I have reviewed my results over the last 35 games and it seems in most of them I am just scraping in the money and turning a VERY little profit. For example I'm risking $3.50 and most of the time only winning $4-$5, and although I am still making a profit I would much rather play DON sngs as it would build me a bigger profit faster based on my past results.

So basically my question is are there any poker rooms that still have these DON sng's? I remember stars used to have them but not anymore. PS I am in new zealand so can basically play anywhere. Thanks for your help!:D

B

Blue_Fossil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Note that I have read a number of threads on this forum warning folks about the DoN games - that they are a haven for collusion.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not only are they a haven for collusion, but also, it is hard to actually pull a profit, because you have to be consistently be cashing more than 55% of the time just to beat the rake and break even. If you play 10 $5.50's, it will cost you $55, if you are ITM in 5 of them you will only make $50, so you are still down $5.

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
alot of people try these to build a bankroll because they are one of the games with the least variance

RiverMeTimbers

RiverMeTimbers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not only are they a haven for collusion, but also, it is hard to actually pull a profit, because you have to be consistently be cashing more than 55% of the time just to beat the rake and break even. If you play 10 $5.50's, it will cost you $55, if you are ITM in 5 of them you will only make $50, so you are still down $5.

This is the main reason that I no longer play these type of SnG's. Why not try 180/90/45 man SnG tourneys?? I would kill to have these popping off every 5 minutes..

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the DoN's, you have to cash a lot more often to even break even. This is the reason why SnG pros won't really touch them.

A

aircasar9876

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i use to play double up sit and goes a lot thinking it was an easy bankroll builder. im in the usa so i cant play on sites with a ton of traffic and they take so long to fill up most places. i dont think they r good for profit. i found i make more playing heads up matches. i loved bounty sit and goes. cant find them anymore. easy to get paid off knowing they chase your bounties.