Do people combine bankrolls from different sites?

V

Vaper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,

For general BRM considerations, do people tend to combine bankroll amounts from various sites in order to decide buy-in levels etc?

I've been only taking in to account what I have on individual sites, and realised I may be short-changing myself!

Thanks
Matt

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its personal preference really, you can look at the entire amount as one br to decide brm rules, you could even include extra monies you are willing to deposit if you wanted to do it that way.

I look at each site individually myself but also at times don't worry about brm on offsites that I don't play a lot if I manage to scrounge up a few bucks from a freeroll I might put it all in a sng or on a cash game but its only because I don't plan on grinding pennies on such a site when I already have a decent br to play on another site that I prefer.

But to your question specifically as I said it is personal preference, but in essence looking at them as segregated br's would be causing you to play lower based on brm rules and therefore move through levels slower as well than if it was all consolidated into a single br.

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is the way you should be looking at it, at least you have pokerstars to play on so to get money on and off is a bit easier there. U.S. players can take weeks to get a withdrawal.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For whatever reason, I tend to play BR based on the individual poker site funds. It is because I try to keep funds on as many sites as possible, and if you play well above your bankroll rules on sites where you have less money, you will tend to lose the money on that site.

Martinez

Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I used to have money on more than one sight, I always though of my BR as to the site I was playing at the time.
It helped me to keep in prespective what my BR was all about.
Unless you can transfer from one site to another, I would suggest that you play the BR at any one site as your only bankroll and keep to the limits therinn.

B

brokenlung911

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some sites are on the same network so they do allow you to move funds around
not sure if any of those allow US players though

madsquirrel

madsquirrel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i don't recall for the US them allowing funds to be moved around. You can only fund per site ! I think is ridiculous you spend more money that way but that is what they want obviously

curtinsea

curtinsea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all,

For general BRM considerations, do people tend to combine bankroll amounts from various sites in order to decide buy-in levels etc?

I've been only taking in to account what I have on individual sites, and realised I may be short-changing myself!

Thanks
Matt

Don't use your bankroll level to decide what buy-in levels to play . . . make sure you have enough bankroll to play the highest buy-in levels you can beat. Anything less is indeed short changing yourself.

If your given bankroll on a given site is a limitation, then you've answered your own question.

S

slash407

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no its a superstition for me. i would get mad if i moved my bankroll to other sites and started losing

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as you stick to the recommended BRM,i dont see why not.

ammytyagi

ammytyagi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IN
Chips
I preferred to have differenr br on different site if I am planning to play on two different sites otherwise I pooled all my money in site on which I will be playing

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you withdrew some and bought a present for the missus, does that still count as part of your bankroll? :)

Let's just be clear, you wouldn't actually take the present back, but would it entitle you to take the same from your own bank account if necessary?

If you view your bankroll as a total virtual amount spread over different places, how easy or difficult would it be to get it to where you need it, when you need it?

Managing several separate rolls in different places is certainly easier.

Of course it is up to the individual how they want to view and manage things, and also their abilities for more complex management arrangements.

I would say though that it is probably a case of;
If you need to ask the question then it probably isn't for you.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I havent done it yet,
But I was thinking of Linking PS & FT Accounts.

JPoling

JPoling

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to look at each site individually cause each individual site also has different tournaments and promos.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management