Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sept

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've registered at Carbon poker 6 months ago, and decided to cash out a couple weeks ago. Since then they've been issuing all kinds of requests, and made a few lies, instead of just issuing the money. Given the amount of BS they've been trying to feed me with, I suspect they're trying to get me fed up of it, and just say "f... it", so they could keep the money. I can see no other reason for their crazy behavior (but I'd be happy if someone can give his/her insight as to why they're doing it)

I'm writing this to warn players against Carbon Poker. Read this and DO NOT EVER PLAY AT CARBON POKER.

- 01/JANUARY/09 : I register at Carbon. As I'm in a non-ordinary situation (I'm a French national spending a lot of time in Thailand, and I'm registering from Thailand) I provide Carbon with the following :
- copy of my passport
- copy (back and front) of my visa card
- copy of my latest bank statement
- photo of myself holding my Visa card, in front of my Thai motorbike (so I prove it's indeed me sending all those documents from Thailand)
My deposit ($100) is accepted, and I start playing.

- 27/MAY/09 : I decide to cash out all of my bankroll ($234). I receive an automated email saying my payment will be processed within 72 hours.

- 31/MAY/09 : instead of the expected payment, I receive an email from Carbon : I have to go through their "identity document verification process". Send passport copy, etc.
I reply, with a little surprise, that I already went through that process, that they already have all possible proofs of my identity.

Next I get another email from them :
"Please be advised that we cannot accept the photo id that you sent to us. We cannot view the details on the card. We will ask you to send us a closer image of your credit card, we will also ask you to sign the back of the card and send it as well."

I check the orginal photos in my email history, and see they are very clear and readable. WTF? I send a new email standing my case : the photos are clear, what's their problem? Here's their answer :
"Upon double checking your account, the passport you sent is okay. I saw the copy of your credit card and you look good on the picture while holding your card but we cant accept that as copy of your card. What we need is to verify that the card is on your name plus if it is the card you registered. Kindly resend it together with the back copy of it."
They also request that I go through an online ID verification process, on their website.

If the copy "is okay" (of course it's okay! They've ACCEPTED it 6 months ago), then why claim the contrary before? Plus they're implying that they don't have photos of my Visa card, other than the photo where I'm holding the card. That's false, I provided clear back and front photos in January, to comply with their request.
At that point I'm starting to smell something fishy but I have to go along somehow.

- 01/JUNE/09 : I decide to comply with carbon's requests.
I try to log into their website, to go through their ID verification thing. I discover my account has been locked. So I can't go through with the ID verification thing. Wow.
Later in the day they re-activate my account, and tell me I should fax the filled form over to them.

I send by email a photo of the ID form they're asking from me, just in case it's fine with them. I then try 6 times, from 3 different places, to send them their fax to the 1-888 number they provided me with, but I never get a fax carrier tone. I repeatedly request from carbon an ordinary, non-1-888 fax number better suited for international use, but that request is repeatedly ignored. I eventually manage to send the fax over though Skype+PamFax. I receive the positive notification from PamFax, that the fax was sent successfully.

I also re-send them the front and back photos of my Visa card.

- 02/JUNE/09 : As I have not heard from Carbon, I send a email asking for the status. Answer : "When did you send the fax of your documents? I checked your account and we are still waiting for a copy of the verification form and a copy of your credit card associated in your account."
So neither my fax, nor my email, made it through. I must be very unlucky.
As I insist and provide proof of the fax successful sending, they offer me to send the form by email. Wait, I had done that the day before. Not good enough? It's ok, I send -again- that damn form through email.

- 03/JUNE/09 : I receive an email from Carbon :
"I appreciate to receive your documents with regards to your photo ID verification requirement. I have now forwarded this request to our cashier department to process your cashout accordingly. Please allow us to update your account and we will let know once this has been approved."
Is this starting to look good? Now Carbon is acknowledging having received all requested documents... What could possibly prevent them from releasing the money?..

1:42PM : Email from carbon :
New Inquiry LTK61303296828X
Our cashier department has verified and confirmed all your documents, however as per checking it appears that your IP address does not match to your account details. Kindly reply back to us regarding your IP discrepancy and confirm to us if you are currently residing in Thailand. If yes, please provide us proof of your address and we will update your address information. Kindly also resubmit to us your form indicating your Thailand address for updates of your records.

...Yes, I think they are f... with me.
DO NOT EVER PLAY AT CARBON POKER.

I must not be the only one with whom carbon has adopted such an insane behavior. Please anyone with a comparable experience, feel free to update this thread with your relation.

W

Wolfe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow!!! That sucks Sept. I am a US citizen living in the Philippines. I went through the same signup hassle with bodog and have to send them an email every time I travel to keep them from locking my account. I haven't tried to cash out yet as I have a US address on file and want the checks sent there so I can cash them more easily. I hope I don't find myself in the same predicament. Hope you get your money soon.

Swear Engine

Swear Engine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would you rather they allowed a withdrawal from an IP address not associated with your account? Sure it's a pain, but stuff like that is for your security.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One thread on this is enough, oh and prob one forum as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.