Comments on Ultimate Bet

T

thielcats

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For those of you who have played Ultimate Bet, what do you guys think of it?

Is it easy to deposit and cashout with a check?
good traffic?

I'm just trying to get some info because I am thinking about joining

M

maxima191

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't join there stick to fulltiltpoker or PStars too many cheating inquires sent to customer support please be careful do your research

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play at UB ... deposit is no problem, my friend here in the USA just did it with her visa card (not a debit). I once cashed out a check and got it in about 2 to 3 weeks. I dont play big stakes just up to $10 sng or $25 nl cash game, and this site has tons more tight-passive players than FullTilt.

D

DUCKM08

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I ALSO PLAY AT UB AND HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITHDRAWING OR MAKING DEPOSITS THERE, THE ONLY THING THAT I WOULD SAY ABOUT IT IS DAMN THE PLAYERS THERE ARE AWFUL SO JOIN UP AND GL :) I RECENTLY REGISTERED TO FULLTILT AND FIND THERE SITE MUCH BETTER!

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also play on UB, have deposited and withdrawn without any problems.

Their interface is the best out there, unless you just have to have cute graphical tables. Miniview is something every site should have.

KenFischer

KenFischer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used the Moneygram option for my last cashout at UB - 2 days later I had an email from them with everything I needed to walk into the corner store, fill in a little form, and pick up my $$$$.

I also like their buddy-list application, though I would like a way to sort out my friends list from the list fish that I like to chase :)

With that being said, I find that I can't always find a MTT that I like going off soon when I am in the mood to play. I don't have that problem at Full Tilt, and that's why you will usually find me there.

I also think that the UB rewards point program is worse now that they restructured it, but have seen people who disagree with that. The one on FT has been good to me, so again, they get most of my action.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just found out something about Ultimatebet that I personally put in the plus column. I think some of you might put it in a minus column.

This also goes for bodog and AP

Seems neither sharkscope, nor OPR read UB, Absolute Poker, or bodog.

Upshot is that others can't find much info on me, or you. Since I'm on a minor roll at UB, I find it comforting that no one will know!;)

KenFischer

KenFischer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally think that this is a minus.

I can't think of any reason that I would care that someone knows whether I am a winning or losing player in a particular area of my play. Most people that you play against will form their own opinion based on what they think they observe, without looking at actual facts anyway.

One thing that might be important to you in the future is that if you ever want to play above your personal means, the third-party history/ratings sites are key to that.

It's nearly impossible to get backers (staking) for online play without a solid way to verify that you are a good investment. These sites provide a means for that verification process, and if you aren't visible on them, you won't be eligible for many of the staking opportunities.

Spiral46and2

Spiral46and2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ub is great!

UB is awesome, it is truly my favorite site. The bonus system is cool, and the new RAISE program is neato! My status is contendor, which means I can turn ub points into cash. I went to a ub points table and played with my points and got up to 3500 and then transfered that to cash. Anyways, I do think ub is the best site, and you should definately check it out.

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ultimate bet was the first site I joined. It's been very very good to me in all aspects! They also have more freerolls than any site on the internet!

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ultimate Bet was my first site, too. I think they have the best software and interface I have ever played. And like AG said, their tourney structure is great.

F

Fermion5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how did you guys deposit to UB? Why didn't the VISA card get rejected if you're a US player? Thought visa/mastercard was rejected if the company sees its for a gambling site.

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how did you guys deposit to Ultimatebet? Why didn't the VISA card get rejected if you're a US player? Thought visa/mastercard was rejected if the company sees its for a gambling site.

I actually mailed them a check. I wasn't that concerned with playing
immediately, they messaged me 4 days later and told me the funds
were in my account.

I have to like it. I've won $60 in CC freeroll money there this quarter.

KenFischer

KenFischer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UB takes my bank's Visa debit card. They also accept the Greendot reloadable Visa cards.

I have also deposited via Moneygram, which credits within an hour of submitting the confirmation number, but there is a 9.95 MG fee per transaction.