Changes To FR's at Doyle's Room

kaiWalk

kaiWalk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just opened up Doyle's Room this morning and noticed that the number of freerolls they offer has been drastically reduced, but they now seem to be open to everyone.

Previously, there was only the 1:00 PM tourney that was open, with the rest (15-20) having rake requirements. Now there are only 3 tourneys total for the day, but all are open with additional starting chips for raked hands.

Within the last month the nightly quickdraw went from being a $300 prize pool to a satellite tourney and with this move, they've eliminated about $10,000 a day in freeroll prizes.

As I type this, there are almost 10,000 players signed in there with 6,236 seated at tables, so I doubt they're going under.

Just remarking on a fairly drastic change and letting people know about the new format. Not complaining about the lack of free money.

G

gns2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was no 8:30 EST freeroll on the Microgaming network today (which includes Doyle's). Anyone know why? Over the last month or two they have cut their freerolls back again and again. Now there is nothing on the schedule beyond the 10pm EST Quickdraw on Doyle which as you note is now a satellite entry into a Sunday cash freeroll.

Very disturbing. Want to know if I need to yank my cash off the site...
Thanks.

G

gns2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a fresh update. The $100 freerolls are back now. It appears they skipped a total of 3 last night. Now there is a full week scheduled through 12/1 anyways. Makes me feel a little better. Now I hope I can continue getting credit for getting PPs. Last night I got no credit for my cash table play... Hopefully that was a temporary glitch as well.