Carbon Poker Support E-mail Thread - I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

skittish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me preface this by saying I know this is all in regards to a free Sit & Go tournament and I didn't lose any money. It's now just become a matter of principle.

If anyone doesn't know, Carbon Poker offers a 3-game/10 player Sit & Go tournament called Fun Steps which is free to buy into. Top 3 in Step 1 advance to Step 2 > Top 2 in Step 2 advance to Step 3 > Winner in Step 3 receives $1. It's a way to get a dollar with no deposit necessary.

On Friday, 4/26 at around 12:15PM the Carbon Poker software froze while I was in a Fun Step 2 Sit & Go. I sent their support an e-mail explaining my situation and the following thread ensued. My e-mails are in italics, Carbon Support are in bold:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hi, I was playing in a Fun Step 2 Sit-and-Go tournament. We were 3-handed and I pushed all-in against [edited username out] (only other player in the hand). It appeared he was thinking of calling and then his time bank ran out. Then everything just froze. I took a video of what was happening about a minute after the game stopped. My internet connection was and is fine (it's on the video). I can't upload it because it is too large of a file, but if necessary I can pull screenshots from it. The third player at the table was [edited username out].

Here in the info at the top of the table window:

#68950817 Fun Step 2 - Table 1 200/400 NLHE

After restarting the software, it connects to the server, but just hangs when I enter my username/password. I can successfully login through the website. Please let me know what is going on. Thank you.

John

Dear John,Thank you for contacting us.
This is a quick email to inform you that as per the records of your account this was a Fun Step 2 Tournament. Due to this, no refund can be made. We would appreciate your patience and understanding..
We are always here to help you. Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any additional questions in relation to this or any other matter. Your reference ID for this email is LTK1711603676833X; please quote this number in any further communication on this subject.
Kind regards,
Melanie Kester --
CarbonPoker Support

I completely understand that the game I was involved in was a free Sit & Go so there's no refund or anything. I honestly just wanted to know the outcome of the hand that I didn't see completed because of the software freezing. We were down to the final 3 players in the Fun Step 2, where the top 2 players win a Tournament Coupon to Fun Step 3 and I had just gone all in.

I uninstalled, then reinstalled, the Carbon Poker software thinking this may fix the issue and in doing so had my hand history deleted. If I won that hand I would've been in a great position to at least finish in the top 2 and qualify for Fun Step 3.

I hate to be a nuisance and understand that your support team has more important things to deal with than a free Sit & Go tournament. If any information is available, I would appreciate it. Thank you!

Dear John,Thank you for contacting us.
In regards to your inquiry, I would like to inform you that only the player that finishes in first place receives a Funstep 3 coupon. I would also like to let you know that you finished in 3rd place.
We are always here to help you. Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any additional questions in relation to this or any other matter. Your reference ID for this email is LTK1711603676833X; please quote this number in any further communication on this subject.
Kind regards,
Daniel Gordon --
CarbonPoker Support

Actually no, in a Fun Step 2 Sit-and-go the top 2 win a Funstep 3 coupon and 3rd place gets another Funstep 2 coupon.

We were at hand #68950817 Fun Step 2 - Table 1 200/400 NLHE when it froze and I was disconnected. May I see the hand history for the rest of the game? Were the other 2 players disconnected from the game as well?

Reference ID: LTK1711603676833X

Dear John,
Thank you for contacting us.
As you were informed, ONLY the one that finishes in first place in Funstep 2 will receive the coupon to enter to Funstep 3. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Kind regards,
Daniel DiMaria --

CarbonPoker Support
Reference ID: LTK1711603676833X
Attached is a screen shot from a current Fun Step 2. It shows the top 2 players will receive a Fun Step 3 coupon. [edit: Here is the screenshot I sent: http://i.imgur.com/P8nF19X.jpg]

Also, under the Fun Step rules found on the software at Promotions > Fun Steps it states:

• The top two positions in "Fun Step 2" tournaments will receive a FUNSTEP3SNG entry coupon which permits entry into the "Fun Step 3" tournament. Third place will receive a FUNSTEP2SNG entry coupon.
I'm pretty sure at one time I came in 2nd in a Fun Step 2 and was awarded a coupon. Am I missing something?
That being said, I still have my original questions of if I can see the hand history for hand #68950817 (which it froze on) and the hands after it, showing how I came in 3rd. Also, did the other two players left in the game get disconnected as well?

Dear John,
Thank you for contacting us.
John, you are sending us a screenshot that reads the following:
Win an entry coupon (FUNSTEP2SNG) in a Step 1 tournament. Winner advance to Step 3.
That part implies that only the winner advance to step 3.
I hope you can understand now.
Kind regards,
Ivan Richmond --

CarbonPoker Support

End of e-mail thread

If you've kept reading this far, thank you. Again, I understand no money was lost. But what the hell? This is now 3 e-mails from 3 separate people telling me that there's only 1 winner. And like I said in the e-mail, I'm pretty damn sure I made it to Step 3 once by coming in 2nd. This is trivial stuff, but it's driving me crazy now.

Thanks again for reading and I look forward to anyone's input.

-- John

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You really shouldn't be bothering them with something so trivial - you are tying up support for no reason. Just let it go so that people who have real issues can be taken care of.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi John, this is Mr. WannabeeFunStep Support guy. I hope I can help you out here by alleviating you of some of that stress you've been experiencing. Perhaps an outline of the HandHistory will put you at ease.

John from looking into cyberspace I see you that you shoved preflop with AsQs & were indeed called by the BigBlind who held A3o (yes, a rather loose call but you know how it is in these FunSteps, these guys just don't respect raises).

The flop did come down Qh-Qd-4s. :) :) :)
Obviously a very exciting flop for you John and just about a 'Lock' on the hand (but as you know in online poker, 'Lock' is no guarantee of getting paid).
The turn card then came off > the 5s { Qh-Qd-4s '5s' }.

Oh my God! John, you have now turned the NutFlushDraw!!!! :icon_chee :icon_chee :icon_chee

HOLD! HOLD!! HOLD!!!
And the river ....... '2c' :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Sorry John. It is with our deepest apologies to inform you that the board, although seemingly a huge favourite for you, ran out 'runner - runner' gutshot and your opponent won the hand and ended up winning the Step 1 ticket for that SNG.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
some times carbon email response is slow.

or on response at all....

B

BayAreaSteve

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's all that trivial. To big-money players, maybe, but most of us ain't.

First, in any promotion, one needs to know the rules. For this tournament, or any tournament, number of places paid seems worth knowing. How can you decide whether it's worth your time, or how aggressive to be, without knowing tickets paid?

Second, a simple hand history request is being ignored. Is the guy out money? No. But, he is out time. And how comfortable should he be depositing real money if software issues are handled in this way.

I think whether for one penny or 100,000 pennies, software issues/hand history/time-outs ought to be handled the same.

Just my two cents.

B

BayAreaSteve

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, and nicely done Mr. Orifice.

Sounds about right...

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Second, a simple hand history request is being ignored. Is the guy out money? No. But, he is out time. And how comfortable should he be depositing real money if software issues are handled in this way.

I think whether for one penny or 100,000 pennies, software issues/hand history/time-outs ought to be handled the same.

Just my two cents.

yes, totally agree with these two, players have the right to know and request hand history [what's happening and what happened on their own game]. even it is a freeroll

and

all players rich or poor need to be handled equal, based on rules. no matter one cent or 1 million dollars involved on the table.:D

hobonc

hobonc

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not that it will help now but you should save your hand history on your hard drive for 30 days minimum. You can set this feature in the options. Then it will show up even after the game has ended or the program has been closed and reopened.

trekmaster

trekmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just for future info if you ever have to uninstall and reinstall when uninstalling there is the option to keep or discard player notes and hand history. make sure they are unchecked when you want to reinstall and keep these. sry about your troubles but after 2 or 3 emails over a freeroll its time to let it go and try another game. dont let it bother you to the point it flusters you.

S

skittish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi John, this is Mr. WannabeeFunStep Support guy. I hope I can help you out here by alleviating you of some of that stress you've been experiencing. Perhaps an outline of the HandHistory will put you at ease.

John from looking into cyberspace I see you that you shoved preflop with AsQs & were indeed called by the BigBlind who held A3o (yes, a rather loose call but you know how it is in these FunSteps, these guys just don't respect raises).

The flop did come down Qh-Qd-4s.
Obviously a very exciting flop for you John and just about a 'Lock' on the hand (but as you know in online poker, 'Lock' is no guarantee of getting paid).
The turn card then came off > the 5s { Qh-Qd-4s '5s' }.

Oh my God! John, you have now turned the NutFlushDraw!!!!

HOLD! HOLD!! HOLD!!!
And the river ....... '2c'

Sorry John. It is with our deepest apologies to inform you that the board, although seemingly a huge favourite for you, ran out 'runner - runner' gutshot and your opponent won the hand and ended up winning the Step 1 ticket for that SNG.

I'm sorry, but none of that happened.

I shoved post-flop. Before the turn. And I had AhKs.
And the flop was QsQdAc. It froze right after I went all-in. I have a video of it.

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are right ...they are wrong ...you're not going crazy...you are crazy .

life is too short to spend time because of the principal of a fun step.

krikey ..i'm doing the same thing responding to you!.its contagious....i want my 2 minutes back!

W

Weissr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea, definitely took it too far for what it was. I mean, software crashes sometimes, everyone's had it happen to them. So the only real option is for them to refund your buyin, but you ended up winning another step 2 ticket anyway...didn't you? Just be glad this didn't happen to you close to the end of some big tourney with real $ on the line for those last few prize jumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.